News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on July 14, 2012, 07:00:18 AM
Habs still needs to remove War in Poland, btw.

:rolleyes:  You can remove it just as easily as I can.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Spain converts a swathe of spaces in the Netherlands and places unrest in Antwerp.

Katmai's up to spend 2 CPs (may I recommend converting some spaces in France to prevent them from getting an auto-victory, perhaps?).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on July 14, 2012, 10:36:39 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on July 14, 2012, 07:00:18 AM
Habs still needs to remove War in Poland, btw.

:rolleyes:  You can remove it just as easily as I can.

Nope, only the player who played it can remove it.

Delirium

If Spain is worried about a French auto-win, perhaps they should not have been so zealous in their own efforts? ;) :smarty:

In any case, I agree that converting spaces is a good idea.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

After some consideration I believe that if we are worried about a French autowin, it is better to convert spaces in the Netherlands since they cannot be touched by a lucky use of France's home card (d6+2 spaces revert politically or converted in France). Right?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

katmai

Preached Sermon in France.
Major conversion of Rouen, Minor Conversion and unrest in Chartres.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Solmyr

How are you taking political control of Rouen?

Delirium

Not possible, the sermon only converts the space to protestantism. Adjusting in my file and play coming up.

Delirium

Right, played Sultan's Harem as the event.

1/5 Corsair in Algiers
2/5 Everyone to Barbary Coast
Spanish galley fails evasion, is utterly wiped out, 14 vs 2 (assuming no cards)
3-4/5 Piracy in BC leads to one hit so Spain chooses a vp or a card. My final cp will have to wait until that choice

katmai

No more making moves after midnight for me :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Quote from: katmai on July 15, 2012, 07:33:13 AM
No more making moves after midnight for me :lol:

But then you'll never make a move!

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Delirium on July 15, 2012, 06:18:03 AM
3-4/5 Piracy in BC leads to one hit so Spain chooses a vp or a card. My final cp will have to wait until that choice

Take a VP.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

K, Dragut will remain in Barbary Coast in that case. Over to Spain.

Habbaku

And with your last CP...?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

I cannot spend it, has to be on corsairs, naval moves or piracy. I used the event instead of regular cp to get an extra piracy die.