News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Sounds reasonable to me, but heading to bed now, so not sure if want to resolve now or in like 7-8 hours :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Delirium

You resolve whenever you want, good Sir!
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on July 16, 2012, 05:34:03 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 16, 2012, 04:51:15 PM
In spite of said "cuddling" Spain is currently down vp-wise and lost its monarch.

here's net change so far.
QuoteOttoman: +6
Spain: -1
England: +4
France: +3
Holy Roman Empire: +1
Protestants: 0

Facts will not dissuade Del from trying to get people to gang up on the guy who's lost ground.

Wow, you guys caught that clever ploy, I never thought anyone would see through that innovative ruse!  :rolleyes:
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Iconoclastic Fury played on ACTS and up to Katmai to resolve it. Unless something extraordinary happens after that I will pass out the turn.

Delirium

And now a major heads up. The Sultan will be off on tour through his provinces and will be unavailable periodically. In more detail I will be online Wednesday evening and Friday evening. From Saturday until the next Saturday I am off the radar completely. This need not be a big change, as I have called in a replacement who would be willing to handle the Ottomans for me during the week away. There would be no actual change for you guys, as he would just get access to my accounts. Is that okay or do you want to take a break?

Habbaku

Might be best to take a break after the end of the turn is resolved.  I can handle that tonight if everyone is done and provides winters where appropriate.

That should give us plenty of time for diplomacy, naturally.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on July 17, 2012, 10:32:45 AM
Might be best to take a break after the end of the turn is resolved.  I can handle that tonight if everyone is done and provides winters where appropriate.

That should give us plenty of time for diplomacy, naturally.

Yeah that sounds like a reasonable course of action.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Of course, it also assumes people actually post their winters.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

It does, but I would assume people want to see the outcome of that galactic iconoplasm first if Katmai ever gets around to it.

garbon

Yes, it does seems like at the very least Spanish and French winters hinge on the iconoclastic fury.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Ottomans, English and HRE certainly don't need to wait...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Ottoman winter is predictable, Sokollu plus everyone to Istanbul, Dragut to Scutari.

katmai

Sorry working pre-production on commerical, won't be able to access acts till this evening.

Delirium

Okay, good luck with it then. Roll four 5's and three 1's and place their keys in unrest for maximum pleasure. Remember to choose either France or Netherlands before rolling though.

katmai

Quote from: Delirium on July 17, 2012, 05:32:01 PM
Okay, good luck with it then. Roll four 5's and three 1's and place their keys in unrest for maximum pleasure. Remember to choose either France or Netherlands before rolling though.

No such luck!

Protestants    Die roll request    Request: 6-sided die x 7

Message from Protestants:
Using the IF card for conversions in Netherlands.

Haarlem, Utrecht, Antwerp and Amsterdam convert.