News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

But, hey, you're right.  From now on, if someone posts a winter, I will assume it is null and void if anyone makes a play after they post it.

We will end up posting a winter five or six times, but if that's what you think makes the most sense...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

So does this mean I get a non-overstuffed fortress now, and can move regulars to other keys?

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on July 18, 2012, 02:06:18 AM
So does this mean I get a non-overstuffed fortress now, and can move regulars to other keys?

No.  You can only ever return troops to the nearest fortified space or the capital.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Okay, no change in my winter then.

Solmyr

Oh, and if anyone has Rudolf II in hand, I am interested in knowing.

Delirium

Right. I think this is the proper place to drop out of the game. I am happy to help with the transfer of files and ACTS stuff for anyone willing to take up my place. The Ottoman position is interesting.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ulmont

I'll take the Ottomans, if you still want to quit after further reflection.

garbon

On a different note, am I allowed to draw another card? My power card showed I could draw 4 cards and I had a +1 card marker from Muscovy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

If there are no objections, I'll be drawing one shortly then.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Btw, I'm assuming merc in Nantes is now actually in Amboise per Winter rules. :D

Habbaku

Quote from: Delirium on July 18, 2012, 03:13:07 AM
Right. I think this is the proper place to drop out of the game. I am happy to help with the transfer of files and ACTS stuff for anyone willing to take up my place. The Ottoman position is interesting.

:rolleyes:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2012, 09:47:19 AM

Look at the marriage roll that was made...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on July 18, 2012, 11:03:40 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2012, 09:47:19 AM

Look at the marriage roll that was made...

Shit. How do I get rid of what I drew?

Habbaku

You need to discard it if you remember it or just discard a random card via ACTS.  Del needs to do likewise for his extra.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: ulmont on July 18, 2012, 06:30:59 AMI'll take the Ottomans, if you still want to quit after further reflection.

You're welcome to them, and as I said they have a pretty good position. The reason I'm quitting is a, I'll be away for some time now, and b, I can't stand Habbaku's guts. I can send you the cb game file if you give me an email address. What is the best way to proceed about ACTS?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan