News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Just to make sure that I play treasure correctly in CB: I drag it out of my hand somewhere, release ownership, flip to show it, and drop it into discards, right?

szmik

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on July 22, 2012, 04:52:10 AM
Just to make sure that I play treasure correctly in CB: I drag it out of my hand somewhere, release ownership, flip to show it, and drop it into discards, right?

Correct.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

No wars from the French.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

The Emperor is a man of peace. :)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Solmyr

I assume that means no DOWs, so people are up for SD and home card choosing.

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on July 24, 2012, 01:10:31 AM
I assume that means no DOWs, so people are up for SD and home card choosing.

Yeah odd answer on his point considering that he was holding things up. ;)

katmai

I've never been asked if DoW before, so not sure why you thought I would expect it this time? :P

garbon

You've a fair amount of troops this time around. ;)

katmai

Unlike you warmongering Catholics, we Protestants are a peace loving people :goodboy:

garbon

I believe it was your actions that put us at war / you're the one who declined an almost sure thing at a free card. ;)

katmai

Quote from: garbon on July 24, 2012, 11:44:21 AM
I believe it was your actions that put us at war / you're the one who declined an almost sure thing at a free card. ;)

Henry likes Gingers :blush: