And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Assuming we head to winter:

1 Venetian galley to Corfu

Monty 3r2m to Paris - 1 regular left behind in Orleans.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

szmik

English fleet to Portsmouth, Hawkins back home.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Solmyr

HRE will make another play this turn though.

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Event
#56: 2 / Index of Prohibited Books

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
Cancel the progress of an artist or scientist. Remove their marker from the "Patronized for X CP" box and place it on the Turn Track. [FAQ: Placing the artist or scientist on the Turn Track serves as a reminder that this power may not sponsor another artist or scientist until next turn. The artist or scientist reenters play next turn.]

Cancel Taqi al-Din (or whatever the Ottoman scientist is named).

Taqi al-Din's writings offend Islam and are banned.

I don't have access to CB right now but my winter should be: 1 regular each to my western keys (and leave the merc in Prague), the rest to Vienna. 4 mercs for hire added.

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on July 18, 2012, 12:53:49 AM
1 regular each to my western keys (and leave the merc in Prague), the rest to Vienna

Not possible on the former part.  If your troops are in an overstacked, fortified space, they must go to the capital.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Habbaku

Will do end of turn stuff now since I think I have everything I need...

Spanish Winter :

BC galley to Palma.
Main Fleet to Malta.
2 mercenaries in Cartagena to Oran.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Mercator and Dee score big.  Both get either 1 VP + a discovery or 2 VPs.  Up to Szmik and Sol to decide.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

England decides first, yes? I'll wait to see if they take a science bonus.

Habbaku

French get a treasure from their colony--everything else turns up empty.  Dealt the treasure to the French hand.

Cards will be dealt shortly and a file sent out.  Off to diplomacy.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

The Emperor will hear offers for our two princesses as well as our mercenaries.

Habbaku

:rolleyes:  Del needs to discard a card, since he apparently feels like making a last-minute play despite posting his winter and despite not posting the play here.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: Solmyr on July 18, 2012, 12:53:49 AMHRE will make another play this turn though.

:lol:

Okay, gloves are off, I will also make a final play:

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Event
#23: 3 / German Recruitment Curtailed

Message from Ottoman:
My final play to punish the Emperor. Kill the seven mercs in Szegedvin.

Just to be absolutely certain, game discussions in secret are not allowed during the turn, right?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Solmyr

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on July 18, 2012, 01:55:48 AM:rolleyes:  Del needs to discard a card, since he apparently feels like making a last-minute play despite posting his winter and despite not posting the play here.

:lol: Fuck you!

You have it completely wrong. If a winter is posted it is obviously under the condition that everyone passes, and it is obvious that anyone can play after that. Why are you consistently being an asshole about these things?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

It is?  Funny, I was under the crazy assumption that Sol canceling your scientist (of which you cannot sponsor another in the same turn) wouldn't induce a counter play that makes no sense to hold back.

Why are you consistently being a whiny bitch about these things?

-J. R. R. Tolkien