News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

I think you're taking things far more personally than they're meant, Del.  Sorry to see you bail because of a disagreement, but hopefully we'll see you around sooner than last time.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Delirium on July 18, 2012, 12:50:49 PM
You're welcome to them, and as I said they have a pretty good position. The reason I'm quitting is a, I'll be away for some time now, and b, I can't stand Habbaku's guts. I can send you the cb game file if you give me an email address. What is the best way to proceed about ACTS?

I sent an email to your ACTS address.  If I'm right, as explained in the email, you can switch the Ottoman player over to my ACTS info.

garbon

Yeah if I click "Edit game/player info" in there it gives me a list of all the ACTS accounts of who to have the Protty player be. I'd guesst that's what you do.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Delirium

Ulmont is set up as the new Sultan. Long live the Sultan!
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Solmyr

Ulmont still needs to discard one card since the Ottomans got dealt an extra one.

ulmont

Random card discarded.  Can someone remind me where we are - I think it's the diplo phase?

ulmont

Also, can someone explain why the Venetian islands are all flagged French but Venice is listed as a Spanish ally?

garbon

That's a mistake. I believe it is still my ally and that I only lost the Papacy as an ally.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: ulmont on July 18, 2012, 03:19:35 PM
Random card discarded.  Can someone remind me where we are - I think it's the diplo phase?

Yep diplo. /Kat "owes" you a card draw for Del playing Iconoclastic fury last turn.

ulmont

And while we're at it, should the Cyprus VP marker be on Cyprus now?

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2012, 03:31:20 PM
Quote from: ulmont on July 18, 2012, 03:19:35 PM

Yep diplo. /Kat "owes" you a card draw for Del playing Iconoclastic fury last turn.

Katmai, you really should have waited on that card until the end of the diplo phase, but thanks. 

szmik

England invents Map Projection  :glare:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Solmyr

HRE will take 2 VPs from science.

ulmont

Ottomans announce:

Nothing.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien