News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

France suppresses heresy, converts Marseilles and Paris.  Unrest to Marseilles.

Drakken's up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on August 21, 2012, 02:26:52 PM

Drakken's up.

And now I'm largely out of the running unless something magical happens. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Oh, something magical will happen, allright.

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Message
HRE Plays Home Card Holy Roman Intercession as Event :

- HRE declares war on the Netherlands
- HRE allies himself with France against the Protestants
- 2 Reg added in Frankfurt
- Garbon rolls 5 dices for Unrest

Did the roll, Protestants may place one Unrest on a German home space.

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on August 21, 2012, 03:13:45 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on August 21, 2012, 02:26:52 PM

Drakken's up.

And now I'm largely out of the running unless something magical happens. :D

I wouldn't go that far.  You need 2 CPs to purge La Rochelle of unrest, then need to pick up another key.  If Berkut's attack on Lyons fails the first assault, you still have a shot at it.  Let's not forget that you still have 5 cards + your 5 CP home card.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Yeah and I'm now at war with 3 powers. :P

I'm provisionally casting a win for Ulmont unless something happens to Drake.

My turn impulse will come sometime tomorrow.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Drakken on August 21, 2012, 07:02:57 PM
Oh, something magical will happen, allright.

I wouldn't consider that magical - just odd.

Drakken

Quote from: garbon on August 21, 2012, 07:35:06 PM
Yeah and I'm now at war with 3 powers. :P

My turn impulse will come sometime tomorrow.

You still have to place an Unrest marker somewhere on my home space.

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on August 21, 2012, 07:35:06 PM

I wouldn't go that far.  Berkut still has a shot at an English Catholic Rebellion and York is currently unoccupied.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

And I still have a shot, too, by the way. It's marvelous how people forget I have my own reasons for doing what I do.

Tamas

Quote from: Drakken on August 21, 2012, 08:00:14 PM
It's marvelous how people forget I have my own reasons for doing what I do.

yeah they tend to do it here :P "OMG I have no idea about the cards in your hand, but THAT MOVE DOES NOT MAKE SENSE"

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on August 22, 2012, 01:56:28 AM

yeah they tend to do it here :P "OMG I have no idea about the cards in your hand, but THAT MOVE DOES NOT MAKE SENSE"

Isn't that because generally yours don't? :P

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on August 22, 2012, 07:15:00 AM
Quote from: Tamas on August 22, 2012, 01:56:28 AM

Isn't that because generally yours don't? :P

My moves make sense. You people are just rushing to conclusion based on some very limited information.

Drakken

Anyway, file sent. Maybe on his impulse Garbon's gonna decide which of my city explodes in riot and decides to go anabaptist on me.

garbon

Why wouldn't I decide that then? :huh:

Drakken

Quote from: garbon on August 22, 2012, 07:46:16 AM
Why wouldn't I decide that then? :huh:

As you may read on the card, when Holy Roman Intercession is played each "1" on a five dice roll allows the player being targeted by a declaration of war to place an Unrest marker on one of HRE's home space.

Here is what I rolled :

QuoteRequest: 6-sided die x 5

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
Unrest for Holy Roman Intercession

Thus, you may place one Unrest marker on one of my home space. Hence why I badger you over this, because it's the only thing needed before we move on.