News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

I've got nothing and I'm not sure that there's something anyone could play that would put a stop to it.

3-2 battle is yours to roll, Garbon.  I need to win to prevent an auto-victory...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Alright will do as yeah when I looked at discard pile and manifest seemed like there wasn't anything.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Can't make a file now but 2 mercs retreat to Nantes.

4/5 - build another merc in Nantes
5/5 - remove unrest from Marseille

Habbaku

Berkut's up.  Hopefully he can take Lyons this time!

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on September 21, 2012, 10:23:28 AM
3-2 battle is yours to roll, Garbon.  I need to win to prevent an auto-victory...

I lost track of this game after I played my cards early this turn; what was the auto-victory here?

garbon

Quote from: ulmont on September 21, 2012, 11:01:08 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on September 21, 2012, 10:23:28 AM

I lost track of this game after I played my cards early this turn; what was the auto-victory here?

Me, I just needed to be able to remove unrest from La Rochelle and Marseille on my impulse and I would have won. (for having 5 keys outside of Netherlands)

Berkut

A busy turn for Spain.

English Catholic Rebellion succeeds in taking Lyons and several spaces in England, dropping England to 23 VPs.

You are all welcome.

Then we play a 4CP treasure to extend, and Don John moves reinforcements into Lyon, and we take that as well, stopping the Prots from winning.

You are all welcome again.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on September 21, 2012, 11:46:31 AM
English Catholic Rebellion succeeds in taking Lyons and several spaces in England, dropping England to 23 VPs.

That's quite the trick.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

QuoteFrance: Message
Black Queen as event.

We will look at the Spanish hand.

To Berkut to reveal his hand to me.  I get to steal a random card or draw two.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on September 21, 2012, 11:46:31 AM
A busy turn for Spain.

Please take that last key you need to put me out of my misery, thanks.

garbon

Oh and small correction. Lyon is still Protestant not Catholic.

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on September 21, 2012, 11:58:44 AM
Oh and small correction. Lyon is still Protestant not Catholic.

Will correct and update the spaces in my file as soon as Berkut sends me his hand.

-J. R. R. Tolkien