News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Sorry about the delay : Labor Day shenanigans are to blame.

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Operations
#95: 1 / Louise of Lorraine

Message from France:
For CP :

1/1 - Raise a mercenary in Avignon.

Drakken's up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Sorry for my own delay : got infected by a virus.

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Operations
#62: 3 / Northwest Passage

Message from Holy Roman Empire:

3 CP:
1/3 : Schwendi+6r+2m from Frankfurt to Cologne
2/3 : Takes control of Liege
3/3 : Schwendi besieges Maastricht

Drakken

It's been almost a week, now... seems the Protestants have accepted the True Faith(tm).

garbon

Quote#21: 5 / Foreign Volunteers

Message from Protestants:
1-2/5 Preach a sermon in France
6 to Avignon which converts to spread influence, Marseille and Montpellier convert.

3-4/5 2 CP Rebellion in Marseille. Montpellier and Marseille flip to the Huguenots with 1 regular in Marseille.

5/5 1 mercenary built in Nantes.

Let me know if that unrest bit (applied to Marseille which is already unrest) is illegal and if so, I'll apply to Avignon.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

I have already told you people that I'd be passing. But since you take one impulse a week, I guess it's easy to forget. :P

ulmont

Quote from: Tamas on September 18, 2012, 04:03:28 PM
I have already told you people that I'd be passing. But since you take one impulse a week, I guess it's easy to forget. :P

Berkut's up.

Berkut

The portugeuse take out Rio, giving me a treasure in the process.

We then spend a (different) treasure to extend and assault Lyon, which results in 1 loss each.

Don John then moves a force to Geneva and takes control of it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Turin -> Geneva has a pass.  It costs 2 to move across a pass.  Also, there's kinda the small matter of you not even being at war with the HRE, who controls Geneva.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on September 19, 2012, 01:18:38 AM
Turin -> Geneva has a pass.  It costs 2 to move across a pass.  Also, there's kinda the small matter of you not even being at war with the HRE, who controls Geneva.

NITPICKER!

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on September 19, 2012, 01:18:38 AM

Blahblahblbbahllag

Just look at the game file.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Blahblahblbbahllag.

Only means of stopping Garbon from an AV :

Quote#42: 2 / Catherine's Flying Squadron [RESPONSE]

Message from France:
For CPs :

1/2 - Raise a mercenary in Cognac.
2/2 - Mercenary from Cognac to La Rochelle.

Off to Drakken.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Schwendi "bravely" assaults the defenceless walls of Maastricht, left in a state of anarchy.

Does Garbon or anyone play a card in Response?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

As Maastricht is undefended, HRE assaults with full force. 9 dice against 1 as defender for Netherlands.

4 hits for HRE, 1 hit for Protestants.

1 German Merc is lost, Maastricht falls. Control taken of Maastricht, and 1 Merc moved from Frankfurt to Maastricht.

Off to Garbon.

garbon

QuotePlaying home card for ops
1-2/5 2 new mercs in Nantes
3/5 3 mercs march to La Rochelle

I'll pause for a few hours to see if anyone has anything to play in response.