News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Event

#22: 3 / Genoese Bankers

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
HRE Draws 2 Cards from deck. -1 Card Marker on HRE Power Card.

No File.

Off to Garbon.

garbon

Last journal entry
Protestants: Play Card as Operations
#46: 4 / Spanish Fury [RESPONSE]

Message from Protestants:
1-2/4 Preach a Sermon in France
Avignon, Paris, Marseille and Calais convert to the True Faith!

3-4/4 2 mercs in Rouen
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

And the Proestants get in AV range again...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

1/5: naval move: 5 galleys from Ionian Sea to Barbary Coast, Dragut and 4 corsairs to Adriatic Sea
3/5: pirate HRE at Adriatic Sea

2 piracy hits, one corsair lost

assuming that there is no nasty response carding at this point:
4/5: naval move: Dragut and 3 corsairs to Ionian Sea, five galleys port-attack the lone Spanish galley and leader in Gibraltar

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on August 21, 2012, 10:21:18 AM
And the Proestants get in AV range again...

I don't know, I mean I need to either

a) successfully rebel in two keys (and 2 of the 3 have 3+ units in them) or
b) rebel in one key and then build troop and remove unrest from La Rochelle

...all the while holding on to what I currently have.  Seems rather unlikely even if just France were to take me on.

Drakken

Quote from: Tamas on August 21, 2012, 10:49:00 AM
1/5: naval move: 5 galleys from Ionian Sea to Barbary Coast, Dragut and 4 corsairs to Adriatic Sea

So what do I owe you, troll of Mediterranean Europe?

garbon

Quote from: Drakken on August 21, 2012, 10:59:21 AM
Quote from: Tamas on August 21, 2012, 10:49:00 AM

So what do I owe you, troll of Mediterranean Europe?

Isn't that up to you? As you have a galley present, I believe all three piracy rewards are open for you to award.

Tamas

7 hits to one, but since I win, I lose nothing.
5/5: Dragut and 3 corsairs from Ionian Sea to Barbary Coast

Drakken, I assume for one hit you eliminate the squadron. For the second, you either give me a card, or a VP, your call.

Drakken

Quote from: Tamas on August 21, 2012, 11:04:41 AM
Drakken, I assume for one hit you eliminate the squadron. For the second, you either give me a card, or a VP, your call.

VP, and Squadron eliminated.

Tamas

ok I have already sent the file so Berk will have to mark those.

Berkut

Spain: Play Card as Operations

#48: 3 / Commissioned from Italy

Message from Spain:
1/3: Guise 3r to Reims
3/3: Guise 4r2m besiege Lyon
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Umm, Berk, did you just sort of give up on making that file? I got to the end and Guise is chilling in Bourges with 2r2m and 1r is in Reims.

Berkut

Hmmm, your right - they should be in Lyons. Someone move them there please.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Sorry, missed Berk's move them until I sent my file.  Drake goes out to the Guinea Coast.