News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Yeah, but considering the number of events that can mess with England that are in the deck, I'm not sure it's all that easy.  It's a balancing act.  Their connection to the rest of the board is definitely rather indirect, though, barring an Armada landing.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on August 16, 2012, 12:34:02 PM
Yeah, but considering the number of events that can mess with England that are in the deck, I'm not sure it's all that easy.  It's a balancing act.  Their connection to the rest of the board is definitely rather indirect, though, barring an Armada landing.

Maybe but there are more than a fair amount of events that mess with Spain/France/Protestants as well in rather rapid reversal of fortunes type ways.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Oh, I don't think England is hard to hurt, just that the means of doing so are all indirect. There are a LOT of ways to screw England, and a Spain dedicated to doing so can do a number on them.

Just wish England had a more direct role in the continent as well - HIS does this very nicely, IMO.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

But on some level that's because of what happened in that period vs. VQ period.  Only thing I think they could go better is England's troop involvement in Netherlands. Right now it consists of just that one card and there doesn't seem much incentive for England or Protestants to want English troops in the Netherlands.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

One day, Tamas will send a file with his SD.

After that, presumably Berkut will post his SD and send a file.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

If it happens this weekend and not today before 5, I won't be sending a file as I'll be at the beach - so I can make moves but no files.

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on August 17, 2012, 11:49:05 AM

I'd like to point out that usually there was one guy doing SDs in the past. Must be all your absence from the game making you forget. :P But I'll send a replay, shortly

Habbaku

I would like to point out that you have to pick your home card during your SD.  You have had to do this for the last four turns.  How you could forget that is beyond me.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on August 17, 2012, 02:32:01 PM
I would like to point out that you have to pick your home card during your SD.  You have had to do this for the last four turns.  How you could forget that is beyond me.

oh right. Well, this time everyone knows what it will be, considering that I have already declared a war which will keep my occupied

Drakken

So I take it's my turn to SD? How about Ulmont and Habs?

Habbaku

No, we are still waiting on Tamas, actually.  Which is sad, since he seems to be perfectly capable of playing his other game.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Habbaku on August 17, 2012, 11:49:05 AM

Here is my quoted post, too, just in case it's not obvious (which it is) who's up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on August 19, 2012, 04:09:52 PM
Yet I do not have it...

Ok so apaprently I have only sent it to Berkut :P But he did reply to all with his SD.