News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Which brings us to England.  Which is Ulmont.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on August 19, 2012, 04:23:27 PM
Which brings us to England.  Which is Ulmont.

I somehow missed Berkut's file; file sent.

Habbaku

French don't SD, but draw their treasure and place home card at least.

Off to Drakken.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Everyone from Prague to Frankfurt. Home card chosen.

ulmont

So garbon's up for SD, is that it?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Tamas is up.

Tamas, if you have anything that can harm the Protestants (Army Mutiny, City State Rebels) in some fashion, now's the time to do it.  I'm not sure I can prevent him from getting an auto-victory on his first play.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

I like that you are reminding Tamas, specifically. :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Tamas, if you have something to fuck with France, I'd be much obliged. And after all, isn't he asking for it? :)

Habbaku

Yawn.  Rather than clog the thread with the usual ad hominem garbage, I'm just going to delete my posts.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

I did overreact myself. I haven't decided which is worse: an impatient Habbaku or an impatient Berkut, but for sure I dread the thought of making them both wait at the same time!

Landing in Malta. battle with Spanish elite troops commences...

Habbaku

Sigh.  Another card not hurting the Protestants.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

aaaand my landing party is wiped out.

garbon