News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on August 22, 2012, 07:27:22 AM

My moves make sense. You people are just rushing to conclusion based on some very limited information.

You always say that, then after it is all done, and the entire Ottoman empire was conquered by the Spanish, it becomes clear that no, they didn't make any sense.

Just like your DOW on me made no sense when it was made, and after watching your entire army be destroyed in one attack, it still makes no sense.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on August 22, 2012, 11:15:54 AM
Quote from: Tamas on August 22, 2012, 07:27:22 AM

My moves make sense. You people are just rushing to conclusion based on some very limited information.

You always say that, then after it is all done, and the entire Ottoman empire was conquered by the Spanish, it becomes clear that no, they didn't make any sense.

Just like your DOW on me made no sense when it was made, and after watching your entire army be destroyed in one attack, it still makes no sense.

it made perfect sense. I had Treachery, it is the last turn of the game and my only, ultra-thin chance at victory was a mad dash for VPs. Sure, you had the perfect card to counter it, but again, it was a reasonable risk considering the general situation.

garbon

Hi kids, I promise to take my turn this evening. Between volunteer stuff and work yesterday, I was mostly busy till 1:30 last night.

Am I: Katmai? :secret:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on August 23, 2012, 04:11:20 PM
Hi kids, I promise to take my turn this evening. Between volunteer stuff and work yesterday, I was mostly busy till 1:30 last night.

Am I: Katmai? :secret:

Depends.  How good are your fish tacos?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Unrest occurs in Prague.

Quote#76: 2 / Untimely Death [MANDATORY]

Message from Protestants:
Zrinyi is found dead in a ditch.

2 CP on Preaching Sermon in France.
Dijon and Orleans convert. Dijon falls into unrest.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on August 24, 2012, 12:06:34 PM
Unrest occurs in Prague.

Quote#76: 2 / Untimely Death [MANDATORY]

Message from Protestants:
Zrinyi is found dead in a ditch.

2 CP on Preaching Sermon in France.
Dijon and Orleans convert. Dijon falls into unrest.

You rolled 3 minor conversions, not 2.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Oops! :D

Tamas, if you make a file next, can you convert Marseille as well?

Tamas

#26: 2 / Il Piccolo Soccorso

Message from Ottoman:
piracy against Spain in Barbary Coast

no effect except that I lose a corsair. MEH

I will be passing out the turn unless somebody does something decidedly anti-Ottoman

Berkut

So that was the big reveal that made your play this turn make sense?

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Berkut's up when he's done hammering Tamas.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Spain: Play Card as Operations

#104: 4 / Armada Indulgence

Message from Spain:
Place informant in England, Jesuit in York

0 rows returned

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Piracy in Guinea Coast, Drake snags a VP.

Habbaku

France suppresses again.

QuoteFrance: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 5

2 majors, 2 minors, 1 unrest.

Convert Marseilles, Avignon, Rouen and Calais. Unrest in Rouen.

Off to Drakken.

-J. R. R. Tolkien