And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

France takes two cards from the deck.

Drakken's up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Btw, I'm wondering but did the HRE's great campaign in the Netherlands involve thinking that my non-key fortified spaces gave VPs like keys (or that they were all keys)?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on September 21, 2012, 02:42:48 PM
Btw, I'm wondering but did the HRE's great campaign in the Netherlands involve thinking that my non-key fortified spaces gave VPs like keys (or that they were all keys)?

Seems like it, at this point.  I am : amused.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Quote#47: 4 / Belgic Confession

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
4 CP
1/4 : Schwendi from Maastricht to Hertogenbosh.

Leaving the roll to intercept to Garbon if he so chooses

garbon

Intercept from Antwerp successful (from Utrecht, not so much :D). Maurice + 7 regulars meet the HRE in 's-Hertogenbosch.

No CC from me, Drak you can resolve.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Big pitched battle in Hertogenbosh. HRE loses 5 units against 4 for the Protestants. Schwendi heads back to Maastricht.

Question : is it a legal move if I move my Merc reserve in Maastricht and use up my last remaining CP to move Schwendi back in Hertogenbosh for a new field battle?

garbon

In 13.1

Quote• No army leader or unit may participate in a Move action if
it was part of a formation that lost a field battle earlier in the
impulse

garbon

Also, you need to give me one more battle roll. 2 for Maurice, 7 for my troops and 1 for being defender (as intercept makes it considered that I was there first).

Rolled and Protestants got 6th hit in.

Drakken

1 more German Panzerdivision removed in Maastricht. :cry:

1 Merc raised in Frankfurt, and that is that.

garbon

Sorry kids, accidentally did rolling for Scottish Rebellion in the Virgin Queens game :blush:

QuoteRequest: 6-sided die x 3

Message from France:
England, France (+1 from influence), Protestants (+4 from influence, controlling Edinburgh and 3 prot spaces in Scotland)

France takes back Scotland! :angry:

garbon

Protestants use 2 cp to preach sermon in England. London, Wales, and Oxford convert.

And now I'm officially dead last - not a fun impulse for the Protestants. :(

Habbaku

Garbon, the Protestants may only Preach in the Netherlands, Scotland and France.  England can only be Preached in by Spain and England.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Oh that was dumb of me then. I'll have to re-do that then.

garbon

Alright question. So I'm thinking the easiest as the rolls have already been made is to just transfer them either to France or the Netherlands. Would anyone be opposed to that?

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien