Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on July 23, 2011, 05:16:51 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 23, 2011, 05:15:32 PM
Quote from: Slargos on July 23, 2011, 04:52:09 PM
Weeeel. Apparently he's not a nazi.
That must come as quite a relief for you.

I don't see why you'd think that.

It won't matter to us anyway, since whether he's an actual nazi or not he will still be called it in the media.

The Polish equivalent of the Guardian is calling him a "Christian fundamentalist". :P

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on July 23, 2011, 05:17:07 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 23, 2011, 05:15:32 PM
Quote from: Slargos on July 23, 2011, 04:52:09 PM
Weeeel. Apparently he's not a nazi.
That must come as quite a relief for you.

By Slargos's standards, the fact that the guy is "only" a nationalist Christian conservative makes him more liberal than Slargos and thus he can write it down to internal leftist infighting. :P

:yeah:

Slargos

Razgovory

Quote from: Slargos on July 23, 2011, 05:17:58 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 23, 2011, 05:16:45 PM

That I find it odd that a man in a predominately protestant country thinks that Europe should be united under a crusading order overseen by the Pope?  I find that odd.  Perhaps he's Catholic, I dunno.  If he's Catholic it would make a bit more sense, but if not, it seems strange.

Yes. You immediately assume that since X Xsson is from Country Y, he must have characteristics A, B and C.

And yet you complain about MY racism.  :lol:

That's not racism.  Has nothing to do with race.  It's not even bigoted,  There are few Catholics in Norway.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

Quote from: Razgovory on July 23, 2011, 05:21:48 PM
Quote from: Slargos on July 23, 2011, 05:17:58 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 23, 2011, 05:16:45 PM

That I find it odd that a man in a predominately protestant country thinks that Europe should be united under a crusading order overseen by the Pope?  I find that odd.  Perhaps he's Catholic, I dunno.  If he's Catholic it would make a bit more sense, but if not, it seems strange.

Yes. You immediately assume that since X Xsson is from Country Y, he must have characteristics A, B and C.

And yet you complain about MY racism.  :lol:

That's not racism.  Has nothing to do with race.  It's not even bigoted,  There are few Catholics in Norway.

Of course. As long as YOU are doing it, there's nothing wrong with it.

Viking

Norwegian media has been hinting that the police have refused to report how many people are missing. One (out or 23) provinces reports that it has 1 confirmed dead and 12 missing. My gut feeling says that the missing might significantly expand the number of dead. Kids floating around the lake dead from drowning or hypothermia. The local camping ground staff report saving at least 250 swimmers from the lake (I know it's called a fjord, but it's a lake).

When the police arrrested the guy he surrendered. The police refused to answer the question if the gunman had any ammo left when he surrendered.

I'm afraid that a hundred more kids which are missing might be dead as well.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Slargos

Quote from: Viking on July 23, 2011, 05:33:22 PM
Norwegian media has been hinting that the police have refused to report how many people are missing. One (out or 23) provinces reports that it has 1 confirmed dead and 12 missing. My gut feeling says that the missing might significantly expand the number of dead. Kids floating around the lake dead from drowning or hypothermia. The local camping ground staff report saving at least 250 swimmers from the lake (I know it's called a fjord, but it's a lake).

When the police arrrested the guy he surrendered. The police refused to answer the question if the gunman had any ammo left when he surrendered.

Oh boy.  :(

I wonder what kind of death toll we'd seen if an attempt had been made to overpower him instead of a stampede. I know it's wishful thinking.

Razgovory

Quote from: Slargos on July 23, 2011, 05:25:42 PM

You think Protestant is a race?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Viking

Quote from: Slargos on July 23, 2011, 05:36:05 PM

Oh boy.  :(

I wonder what kind of death toll we'd seen if an attempt had been made to overpower him instead of a stampede. I know it's wishful thinking.

it doesn't seem that any of the kids and young adults tried to charge him and take him out. Not even when he was reloading or any of the 600+ kids trying to get him from behind when he was reloading. It seems that of all the kids and young adults nobody tried to solve the problem themselves.

I'd say something about the philosophy regarding self reliance of social democrats, but that would be divisive and not kind.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

This is just fucking bone-chilling. I am trying desperately not to even start imaging the whole thing. 

Slargos

Quote from: Razgovory on July 23, 2011, 05:39:37 PM

I thought there was just one race. It's hard to keep track of the concept, since it's all over the place.

Jacob insists that considering muslims filthy bastards is racist. So I guess "muslim" is a race. By that logic, "Protestant" surely ought to be aswell.

I don't know, Raz. I really don't know.

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on July 23, 2011, 05:42:55 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 23, 2011, 05:39:37 PM

I thought there was just one race. It's hard to keep track of the concept, since it's all over the place.

Jacob insists that considering muslims filthy bastards is racist. So I guess "muslim" is a race. By that logic, "Protestant" surely ought to be aswell.

I don't know, Raz. I really don't know.

I think your logical fallacy is to consider Jacob and Raz the same person. :)

Grallon

Was he using a silencer?  To be able to be so methodical without widespread panic...

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Slargos

Quote from: Viking on July 23, 2011, 05:41:29 PM

it doesn't seem that any of the kids and young adults tried to charge him and take him out. Not even when he was reloading or any of the 600+ kids trying to get him from behind when he was reloading. It seems that of all the kids and young adults nobody tried to solve the problem themselves.

I'd say something about the philosophy regarding self reliance of social democrats, but that would be divisive and not kind.

It might be considered a bit callous.

But I can't but wonder if this is the society we've created, where physical intervention has become anathema to the point where we would rather take photos of an ongoing rape than perform what ought to be our moral imperative.

Razgovory

Jacob is attacking you because you made actual racist remarks.  Examples:

When you go on about "mud people", that would be racism.

When grallon goes on about how Muslims are vermin, that would be religious bigotry.

See the difference?