Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Slargos on July 23, 2011, 07:08:24 PM
I'm not going to throw stones.

I know I can come off as quite callous a lot of the time, but frankly I need it to stay alive. If I ever drop my guard I'm going to break into a million pieces.

EMOTIONAL BREAKTHROUGH.  EXPLOITATION PHASE NOW.  USE ARMOR UNITS FOR THE CRT SHIFT.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

Just seen on the BBC a powerful eyewitness account from Adrian Precon, he played dead amongst the bodies, but the gunman came up to him and shot him, just missing his head and injuring him the shoulder.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Quote from: mongers on July 23, 2011, 07:22:56 PM
Just seen on the BBC a powerful eyewitness account from Adrian Precon, he played dead amongst the bodies, but the gunman came up to him and shot him, just missing his head and injuring him the shoulder.

That was the same guy I saw interviewed by ABC.

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on July 23, 2011, 06:53:48 PM
Quote from: dps on July 23, 2011, 06:11:27 PM
An ABC news report I saw said that the guy had a fully automatic weapon, which makes even a mass rush problematic.  600 people in one group, yeah, that's still a good option, but the 600 people in this instance were apparantly spread out in several groups.
The witneses appear to agree that he had an automatic weapon, so I think you are right.  Plus, people don't tend to think too clearly under gunfire, even when trained.  The Flight 96 people had a lot of time to consider their position, and didn't face gunfire, so their response probably has to be considered atypical.  Nobody rushed the Va Tech shooter, and even at Fort Hood, fully trained military people didn't rush Hassan until several minutes after he started shooting.

Yes, it's largely wishful thinking to say 14-19 year-olds should charge a gunman, especially as someone else has pointed out they were spread out across the island.  Plus I think his initial deception of asking people to gather to explain what was happening and then gunning them down would have put the fear of god into the vast majority of people on this forum if in a similar situation, saving those who've had military training or experience of combat.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: mongers on July 23, 2011, 07:36:28 PM
An ABC news report I saw said that the guy had a fully automatic weapon, which makes even a mass rush problematic.  600 people in one group, yeah, that's still a good option, but the 600 people in this instance were apparantly spread out in several groups.
The witneses appear to agree that he had an automatic weapon, so I think you are right.  Plus, people don't tend to think too clearly under gunfire, even when trained.  The Flight 96 people had a lot of time to consider their position, and didn't face gunfire, so their response probably has to be considered atypical.  Nobody rushed the Va Tech shooter, and even at Fort Hood, fully trained military people didn't rush Hassan until several minutes after he started shooting.

Yes, it's largely wishful thinking to say 14-19 year-olds should charge a gunman, especially as someone else has pointed out they were spread out across the island.  Plus I think his initial deception of asking people to gather to explain what was happening and then gunning them down would have put the fear of god into the vast majority of people on this forum if in a similar situation, saving those who've had military training or experience of combat.

Probably the only poster on this forum that wouldn't be too shocked/scared/etc. to act would be Siege. He would kick the gunman's ass, then drop a diseased animal carcass down the gunman's family's well.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Slargos

http://www.pccts.com/

Referenced in his writings.

This is getting weirder and weirder.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 23, 2011, 08:04:59 PM
Probably the only poster on this forum that wouldn't be too shocked/scared/etc. to act would be Siege. He would kick the gunman's ass, then drop a diseased animal carcass down the gunman's family's well.

I would brain him with a garden tool while he reloaded.

Razgovory

Quote from: Slargos on July 23, 2011, 08:05:22 PM
http://www.pccts.com/

Referenced in his writings.

This is getting weirder and weirder.

What in the Hell am I looking at?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

I know that the one time I was exposed to live fire I got plowed over by a swabbie on the way to the emergency exit.

dps

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 23, 2011, 08:04:59 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 23, 2011, 07:36:28 PM

Problem with Seigy is that some day, he's gonna be the gunman.

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 23, 2011, 08:24:07 PM
I know that the one time I was exposed to live fire I got plowed over by a swabbie on the way to the emergency exit.
I was only dumbass not to hit the floor :lol:

katmai

Liep

Quote from: katmai on July 23, 2011, 08:35:09 PM
21years in prison  max for this guy?!?

I read that too, but someone said Norway has 'forvaringsdomme' like Denmark, which means he'll be deemed unfit/dangerous for society and will probably serve more than the 21 years.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk