News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The future of the work force

Started by CountDeMoney, July 16, 2013, 05:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Being able to purchase more stuff (and not just TVs and microwaves) is an increase in real wages.  Productivity gains, more widely shared, equal an increase in real wages, unlike the decline or at best slow growth in real wages under pure market conditions due to the lack of a guaranteed income in the real world (and hence the effects of technological unemployment negating or degrading gains in productivity).

Nominal wage increases are the purview of the CPC (I'd say decreases as well, but the stickiness of wages is an economic concept that is unlikely to be done away with in the command economy future).
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Damn, dilemma time, there's a vacancy at the museum where I volunteer, it's pretty much what I do there and I'm slightly tempted to apply, but if(when) I don't get it, pride will oblige me to resign.   :hmm:

Meant to put this in the CdM 'work thread', but couldn't find it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

I don't think Money's getting a Euro work visa to sell overpriced T-shirts to naive Hungarians.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on July 30, 2013, 05:16:15 PM
I don't think Money's getting a Euro work visa to sell overpriced T-shirts to naive Hungarians.

Is that tangential to my post ? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on July 30, 2013, 05:16:15 PM

BEETS, DEATH FROM ABOVE
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive