Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Slargos on July 23, 2011, 04:56:11 PMHey, don't look at me. I merely noted that there's no evidence to support the accusations of racism and nazism.  :contract:

I know how much you value my opinion, so I'll just go on the record to say that vehement railing about the Islamification of Europe and a war between cultures where you have to pick your side is in fact evidence of straight up racism.

It is possible to be concerned about the problems that come from friction between members of different cultural groups on both an individual and societal level without being racist. But once you're in the territory of labeling entire ethnic and cultural groups as evil then you're racist.

So yeah... plenty of evidence of racism from what's been mentioned so far.

Slargos

Quote from: Jacob on July 23, 2011, 05:08:19 PM
Quote from: Slargos on July 23, 2011, 04:56:11 PMHey, don't look at me. I merely noted that there's no evidence to support the accusations of racism and nazism.  :contract:

I know how much you value my opinion, so I'll just go on the record to say that vehement railing about the Islamification of Europe and a war between cultures where you have to pick your side is in fact evidence of straight up racism.

It is possible to be concerned about the problems that come from friction between members of different cultural groups on both an individual and societal level without being racist. But once you're in the territory of labeling entire ethnic and cultural groups as evil then you're racist.

Yes, I value your opinion greatly.

Though frankly, that's a pretty broad definition of racism. But I guess the definition varies these days.

Razgovory

Quote from: Slargos on July 23, 2011, 04:38:58 PM
Watch it while it's hot, they're removing them as they find them.  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLk1zv6u7_Q

Hey, the uses an image that's almost identical to Hans's avatar.  Nifty.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on July 23, 2011, 05:08:19 PM

Actually, I kinda agree with Slargos that this is not your bread and butter racism. Maybe views like this guy's are not as popular in Scandinavia, but I have seen enough of it in Poland to know this is based in some weird "clash of religions" fundamentalist mania than a racist/biological thing.

Notice that he is not making any references to ethnic groups (nowhere in his "manifesto" did I notice any reference to skin colour) and the references to cultural groups are not overt either - he is talking about Christendom vs. Islam the whole time. I don't think that saying a religion is evil is racist. You are over-using the word in a typical modern fashion, which does not do it any good.

Slargos

Quote from: Razgovory on July 23, 2011, 05:05:29 PM
Quote from: Martinus on July 23, 2011, 04:53:26 PM

It is saying that the "cultural Marxism" (multiculturalism, liberalism, political correctness) is the true enemy which enables Islamic colonization of Europe, and as such should be "decimated" and the tree of European liberty should be watered with blood of cultural Marxists. It then goes on how cultural conservatives and nationalists are the only true saviours of Europe and they are being vilified by the "cultural Marxists" as "nazis". He proposes forming the new knights templar of Christendom under the Pope, to start a revolution.

I would like the idiots who claimed he is not a nationalist or a conservative or a Christian fundamentalist to eat their own hats now, please.

Odd thing for a guy in a protestant country to say.  I think those who were skeptical that it was a conservative can be somewhat forgiven, do information being unclear.

I will never cease to be amazed at how you people can use this type of reasoning all the while loudly exclaiming how free of prejudice you are.  :lol:

Slargos

Quote from: Razgovory on July 23, 2011, 05:10:32 PM
Quote from: Slargos on July 23, 2011, 04:38:58 PM
Watch it while it's hot, they're removing them as they find them.  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLk1zv6u7_Q

Hey, the uses an image that's almost identical to Hans's avatar.  Nifty.

Not, AFAIK, the original uploader.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on July 23, 2011, 05:07:04 PM
At the risk of sounding a bit callous (and I am greatly moved by this tragedy), it places the guy ideologically exactly right in the center of the broadly understood populist right wing that's so popular in Europe (including, in Poland). Which hopefully will wreck huge political damage on them.

On Pdox, there was a guy who was complaining that this is really going to put back the Nationalist cause.  I responded that this is one of the downsides of being a kook, other kooks make you look bad.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on July 23, 2011, 05:11:04 PM

Actually, I kinda agree with Slargos that this is not your bread and butter racism. Maybe views like this guy's are not as popular in Scandinavia, but I have seen enough of it in Poland to know this is based in some weird "clash of religions" fundamentalist mania than a racist/biological thing.

The term in English is called "Religious bigotry".

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on July 23, 2011, 05:12:42 PM
Quote from: Martinus on July 23, 2011, 05:07:04 PM
At the risk of sounding a bit callous (and I am greatly moved by this tragedy), it places the guy ideologically exactly right in the center of the broadly understood populist right wing that's so popular in Europe (including, in Poland). Which hopefully will wreck huge political damage on them.

On Pdox, there was a guy who was complaining that this is really going to put back the Nationalist cause.  I responded that this is one of the downsides of being a kook, other kooks make you look bad.
:D

DGuller

Razgovory

Quote from: Slargos on July 23, 2011, 05:11:33 PM

Odd thing for a guy in a protestant country to say.  I think those who were skeptical that it was a conservative can be somewhat forgiven, do information being unclear.

I will never cease to be amazed at how you people can use this type of reasoning all the while loudly exclaiming how free of prejudice you are.  :lol:
[/quote]

That I find it odd that a man in a predominately protestant country thinks that Europe should be united under a crusading order overseen by the Pope?  I find that odd.  Perhaps he's Catholic, I dunno.  If he's Catholic it would make a bit more sense, but if not, it seems strange.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on July 23, 2011, 05:15:32 PM
Quote from: Slargos on July 23, 2011, 04:52:09 PM
Weeeel. Apparently he's not a nazi.
That must come as quite a relief for you.

I don't see why you'd think that.

It won't matter to us anyway, since whether he's an actual nazi or not he will still be called it in the media.

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on July 23, 2011, 05:15:32 PM
Quote from: Slargos on July 23, 2011, 04:52:09 PM
Weeeel. Apparently he's not a nazi.
That must come as quite a relief for you.

By Slargos's standards, the fact that the guy is "only" a nationalist Christian conservative makes him more liberal than Slargos and thus he can write it down to internal leftist infighting. :P

Razgovory

I wish I didn't make mistakes in quoting posts. :(

Slargos

Quote from: Razgovory on July 23, 2011, 05:16:45 PM

That I find it odd that a man in a predominately protestant country thinks that Europe should be united under a crusading order overseen by the Pope?  I find that odd.  Perhaps he's Catholic, I dunno.  If he's Catholic it would make a bit more sense, but if not, it seems strange.

Yes. You immediately assume that since X Xsson is from Country Y, he must have characteristics A, B and C.

And yet you complain about MY racism.  :lol: