Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/world-europe-14252515

Norway: Blast near prime minister's office in Oslo
22 July 11 15:09

A large explosion has hit near government headquarters in the Norwegian capital Oslo.

The blast is thought to have caused damage to the offices of Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg and a number of other official buildings.

Mr Stoltenberg was unharmed, said local media, but witnesses said at least eight people were injured in the city centre explosion.

Pictures from the scene showed glass from shattered windows in the streets.

All roads into the city centre have been closed, said the NRK newspaper.

An NRK journalist, Ingunn Andersen, said the headquarters of tabloid newspaper VG had also been damaged.

"I see that some windows of the VG building and the government headquarters have been broken. Some people covered with blood are lying in the street," Associated Press news agency quoted him as saying.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

I hadn't noticed any anti-Norwegistani stuff on the Islamic forums lately.  Something I miss?

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 22, 2011, 09:19:06 AM
I hadn't noticed any anti-Norwegistani stuff on the Islamic forums lately.  Something I miss?

I'd guess Norwegian troops in Afghanistan.

Don't worry Slargos will be along in a while to 'explain' it all to you.

mongers

An eyewitness reports a bomb exploded in the HQ of major newspaper.

Camera phone footage shows one building partially on fire and other building with gutted windows, looks like a 'block' wide area of damage, too much for a single suicide bomber or small package ?

Blast damage resembles what you used to see from a small-medium sized car bomb in Northern Ireland in the 'troubles'

mongers

This report suggests PM offices were target rather than newspaper VG:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/world-europe-14252515

Anyway I hope all Norwegian Languishites and their families are ok and the loss of life isn't too high.

Crazy_Ivan80

Slargos

I heard a lot of sirens a while ago, an unusually copious lot. I was wondering what that was.

Oh, and fuck you, Mongo. Fuck you very much.

Slargos

Slargos

No details forthcoming yet, but an eyewitness reported bodies aside from wounded.

Interesting to see how the Norwads deal with this.  :hmm:

mongers

Quote from: Slargos on July 22, 2011, 09:34:53 AM
Holy shit, that looks pretty big.

Yes, looks like a car bomb, the camera phone footage has just show the carcase of a saloon on its side,which has been blown of the road towards an office building. 

Do you know precidely were this was, as google earth isn't giving me any answers.

Mr.Penguin

Holy ¤#"¤%, it's a huge area that has been hit and reports of more explosions is coming in...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Slargos

Quote from: mongers on July 22, 2011, 09:39:08 AM
Quote from: Slargos on July 22, 2011, 09:34:53 AM

Holy shit, that looks pretty big.

Yes, looks like a car bomb, the camera phone footage has just show the carcase of a saloon on its side,which has been blown of the road towards an office building. 

Do you know precidely were this was, as google earth isn't giving me any answers.

I guess I could try finding it for you.

mongers

Iormlund

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 22, 2011, 09:19:06 AM
Norway arrested some AQ guys a couple weeks ago.

Slargos