Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

No one's claimed responsibility, and no verification of a bomb device.

Looks like someone left aluminum foil in the office microwave again.

edit:  Therefore, blame lies with that sinister Islamic global conspiracy, Al-Uminum.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Crack myself up sometimes.

mongers

Quote from: Slargos on July 22, 2011, 09:55:05 AM
Quote from: mongers on July 22, 2011, 09:45:20 AM
Quote from: Slargos on July 22, 2011, 09:42:06 AM

I guess I could try finding it for you.

I'm guessing: centre of this picture:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=newspaper+vg+oslo&hl=en&ll=59.915109,10.746372&spn=0.001447,0.006866&t=h&z=18

That's what they're saying. I'm a bit confused because it doesn't look like it.

Right, this looks like a better candidate, a car bomb might have gone off at the location, where the white roofed car is shown in this sat. image:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=newspaper+vg+oslo&hl=en&ll=59.915272,10.746576&spn=0.000723,0.003433&t=h&z=19

Then go to the street view and it seems to match the news footage.

The car wreckage appear to have ended up on the pavement in the middle of this image:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=newspaper+vg+oslo&hl=en&ll=59.915134,10.746281&spn=0.000717,0.003433&t=h&layer=c&cbll=59.915275,10.746627&panoid=x8OUg1HcKRpFvAFgOp9uMg&cbp=13,297.54,,0,5.2&z=19

Anyone know what the the tall building in the background is, appears to be the back/rear entrance of something quite significant.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Slargos

Quote from: mongers on July 22, 2011, 09:58:48 AM
Quote from: Slargos on July 22, 2011, 09:55:05 AM
Quote from: mongers on July 22, 2011, 09:45:20 AM
Quote from: Slargos on July 22, 2011, 09:42:06 AM

I guess I could try finding it for you.

I'm guessing: centre of this picture:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=newspaper+vg+oslo&hl=en&ll=59.915109,10.746372&spn=0.001447,0.006866&t=h&z=18

That's what they're saying. I'm a bit confused because it doesn't look like it.

Right, this looks like a better candidate, a car bomb might have gone off at the location, where the white roofed car is shown in this sat. image:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=newspaper+vg+oslo&hl=en&ll=59.915272,10.746576&spn=0.000723,0.003433&t=h&z=19

Then go to the street view and it seems to match the news footage.

Yep. Looks like.

Slargos

If I am to be so crass as to find something amusing in all this [and you know I am more than capable] it would be that Norway's largest daily Aftenposten reports "rumours" of a second blast in Stortingsgata.

I mean, what the fuck, you can't send ONE employee down there to TAKE A GODDAMNED LOOK?

It's not a very long street. You can cover it in 10 minutes even if you're a chubber in high heels.

Oh, and they've been VERY quick to interview a bunch of shocked foreigners. I can almost see the gears spinning in their heads, "FUCK! How can we prevent the racists from profiting off of this!"  :D

Razgovory

Eh, our local newspaper used AP photos of a building that was less then six blocks from their office.  It was the Missouri state capital and you can see it by standing in the newspaper's parking lot.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on July 22, 2011, 10:24:17 AM
Eh, our local newspaper used AP photos of a building that was less then six blocks from their office.  It was the Missouri state capital and you can see it by standing in the newspaper's parking lot.

:blink:  really ?

Josquius

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 22, 2011, 09:19:06 AM
I hadn't noticed any anti-Norwegistani stuff on the Islamic forums lately.  Something I miss?
TV is muttering that maybe its the opposite. The Slargos Patrol.
Or maybe Libya are coming through on their threats.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

That major office block doesn't appear to have any worthwhile anti-vehicle defences, on the google image there's just a chain strung between posts with a sign hanging from it, presumably saying something like no parking.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=newspaper+vg+oslo&hl=en&ll=59.915226,10.746576&spn=0.000717,0.003433&t=h&layer=c&cbll=59.915171,10.746507&panoid=TmNweyGnYHtiGp6_i9iyyQ&cbp=13,291.42,,0,-0.65&z=19

Razgovory

Quote from: mongers on July 22, 2011, 10:26:09 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 22, 2011, 10:24:17 AM

:blink:  really ?

Yep, I remember it because it was the some national politician was coming to speak at Capital (it might have been John Kerry in 2004).  They did write their own story, but the photo of the capital was AP.  Struck me was really lazy.  Perhaps they had to use so many AP photos as per contract.  I dunno.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 22, 2011, 09:57:26 AM
No one's claimed responsibility, and no verification of a bomb device.

Looks like someone left aluminum foil in the office microwave again.

edit:  Therefore, blame lies with that sinister Islamic global conspiracy, Al-Uminum.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Crack myself up sometimes.

Bumped, because I'm still giggling.

Slargos

Quote from: Tyr on July 22, 2011, 10:26:55 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 22, 2011, 09:19:06 AM
I hadn't noticed any anti-Norwegistani stuff on the Islamic forums lately.  Something I miss?
TV is muttering that maybe its the opposite. The Slargos Patrol.
Or maybe Libya are coming through on their threats.

:lol:

Of course they are.

Aftonbladet speculated about gas leaks when the islamotards tried to blow shit up in Stockholm.

They are terrified of the native population drawing the "wrong" conclusions about the moon worshippers.

Slargos

mongers

Some of the TV talking head 'security experts' are getting a bit wound-up, one on Sky news has just said you can get 2000 lbs of explosives in a car, as big as the biggest NATO bomb.  :hmm:

I think if it had been a nato bomb, one or two of those buildings would now be mainly rubble. 

Razgovory

Norway would seems like such an odd place to attack.  There's only 400 or so Norwegians in Afghanistan.  I bet you could force them to leave with out resorting to a car bomb.  A few acts of petty vandalism would probably be sufficient to scare the Norwegian government into leaving Afghanistan.  It could be something else that makes no sense to us like a Norwegian comedian made an offensive joke or they sell the wrong type of butter.  Attacks by Islamic extremists don't always make sense to Westerners.