Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Automatic rifle according to TV2, and Aftenposten reports that the shooting went on for a period of 35 minutes. :O
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on July 22, 2011, 11:52:08 AM
Automatic rifle according to TV2, and Aftenposten reports that the shooting went on for a period of 35 minutes. :O

35 minutes?  Was everybody just waiting until he ran out of ammo before going after him or something?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 22, 2011, 11:54:25 AM

35 minutes?  Was everybody just waiting until he ran out of ammo before going after him or something?

Mart would have tackled him if hadn't been sulking over his Languish banning.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Norgy

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 22, 2011, 11:52:14 AM
Fox/Sky sez 4 dead at youth camp.

That doesn't stop those still there from using Facebook and Twitter.

And the parents are calling them as well. That's clever.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Norgy

Fuck this.

Two co-ordinated actions, one against the cabinet and the higher level of bureaucracy, and then another against the Labour Party youth camp, where the PM was scheduled to speak tomorrow. Somehow I doubt that's all there is.

<_<
I won't be eating kebabs for at least a week.

Liep

Scary stuff, can't imagine what is happening now. But I'd say screw twitter, swim the fuck away.

Slargos

Quote from: Valmy on July 22, 2011, 11:54:25 AM

It's a small island. I doubt anyone but the gunman was armed. SWAT is there now though.

Norgy

Slargos

I expect there will be speculations about a plot from FRP within 24 hours.  :D

Valmy

Quote from: Slargos on July 22, 2011, 12:05:23 PM
It's a small island. I doubt anyone but the gunman was armed. SWAT is there now though.

Yeah I guess nobody thought a tiny island used for a kids summer camp was going to come under armed attack.

Has the shooter been captured alive?  If so good work Norwegian cops.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

There'll be speculations of all kinds of plots within the next 24 hours and until more facts are available.

Personally, I expect most of the speculation will centre around Islamist terrorists.

Slargos

Quote from: Valmy on July 22, 2011, 12:11:37 PM
Quote from: Slargos on July 22, 2011, 12:05:23 PM

Yeah I guess nobody thought a tiny island used for a kids summer camp was going to come under armed attack.

Has the shooter been captured alive?  If so good work Norwegian cops.

No information yet. 4-5 wounded so far.