Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Maybe he just hates teens.  Most people do, just not quite this much.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Liep

Quote from: Razgovory on July 22, 2011, 08:08:49 PM
I wonder if this was intended to kill the PM, but he just got his dates mixed up.

It would surprise me if he had organized this whole deal and learned about the AUF scheduled, and then fucked up the dates. Maybe it was Gro Harlem Brundtland he was after? I heard she was there just a few hours earlier.

Actually, maybe it wouldn't surprise me any more than this already has.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grallon

Quote from: Neil on July 22, 2011, 08:10:30 PM
Maybe he just hates teens.  Most people do, just not quite this much.

He could have limited himself to female teens.  Such a waste. *shakes head*

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

JonasSalk

Latest report says up to 80 killed in Utøya. What. The. Fuck. Batman.
Yuman

Razgovory

Quote from: Liep on July 22, 2011, 08:21:56 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 22, 2011, 08:08:49 PM
I wonder if this was intended to kill the PM, but he just got his dates mixed up.

It would surprise me if he had organized this whole deal and learned about the AUF scheduled, and then fucked up the dates. Maybe it was Gro Harlem Brundtland he was after? I heard she was there just a few hours earlier.

Actually, maybe it wouldn't surprise me any more than this already has.

Is that an Orc name?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

87 so for.  Jesus Christ.  I can't think of any shooting rampage that killed so many in the West (I seem to recall something in Japan or Korea).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

The repairman fixes my connection and this is the first thing that I see.  :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

It's official; at least 80 at Utøya and at least 7 in the bomb at Einar Gerhardsensplass. One man did that, on his own. Fuck.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Razgovory on July 22, 2011, 09:43:05 PM
87 so for.  Jesus Christ.  I can't think of any shooting rampage that killed so many in the West (I seem to recall something in Japan or Korea).

Korea. Some army dude went nuts and shot a bunch of people. He killed half as many as this guy, if even that much.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Syt

Over 80 killed by a single guy in a rifle attack? That's just . . . wow. :blink: :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Well, you're on an island where no one can really run and hide;  your targets are "youth", which means they have no clue what to do come panic time.
Sounds more like fish in a barrel.  Goddamned shame.

Unlike Swedes, who are snotty little shits, I'm rather quite fond of Norwegians.  My prayers are with you guys tonight.  :( :cry:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on July 22, 2011, 04:19:45 PM
Quote from: Mr.Penguin on July 22, 2011, 03:58:55 PM
Possible picture of the gun man (WANNING DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE DEAD PEOPLE)

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=160139
looks like the guy at the bottom left corner is pleading :(

Looks more like chopper footage of the mop-up scene after the tactical guys landed.

Syt

According to Wiki, this should be the bloodiest kiling spree ever.  :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_spree

Previous "record" holder was:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woo_Bum-kon#Uireyeong_massacre
QuoteWoo, a 27-year-old disgruntled police officer, killed 57 and wounded 35 people using two M2 carbines and hand grenades in an eight-hour rampage before committing suicide.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

So sounds like this guy is like Slargos, but with balls to back up his racist beliefs, and not just spout them off on an Internet message board?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Kleves

80 people? It's almost unbelievable that a single guy was responsible. [tasteless languish joke]Did no one think to tackle him?[/tasteless languish joke].
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.