Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

The scumbag's mugshot:

So, Norvegians, what do you think? Should this prompt the police to increase vigilance against right winger nutjobs, perhaps by using the hate speech laws more aggressively?

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Viking

Quote from: Liep on July 23, 2011, 03:20:53 AM
Quote from: DGuller on July 23, 2011, 02:12:13 AM
Aren't you Europeans glad that you'll get to support this scumbag for the next 50 years in prison?

Maximum sentence is 21 I read.

It's slightly more complicated than that. In Norway there are two kinds of sentence prison (Fengsel) and "storage" (Forvaring). Prison is a max sentence while Storage is a suggested sentence. A person sentenced to Storage first suffers the Prison sentence and then continues to serve at "His Majesty's Pleasure". The storage sentence was added a few years ago as a reaction to murderers being released after 10 years of a 21 year life sentence. (1 prison year is 1 working year ~approx 8 months and good behaviour regularly reduces the sentence by 1/3)
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on July 23, 2011, 03:30:13 AM
Quote from: Liep on July 23, 2011, 03:20:53 AM
Quote from: DGuller on July 23, 2011, 02:12:13 AM
Aren't you Europeans glad that you'll get to support this scumbag for the next 50 years in prison?

Maximum sentence is 21 I read.

It's slightly more complicated than that. In Norway there are two kinds of sentence prison (Fengsel) and "storage" (Forvaring). Prison is a max sentence while Storage is a suggested sentence. A person sentenced to Storage first suffers the Prison sentence and then continues to serve at "His Majesty's Pleasure". The storage sentence was added a few years ago as a reaction to murderers being released after 10 years of a 21 year life sentence. (1 prison year is 1 working year ~approx 8 months and good behaviour regularly reduces the sentence by 1/3)

Maybe there's more to that, but this seems wildly illiberal. It's curing one wrong (too short / lenient sentences) with another.

Martinus

Anyway, I hope they send this guy to a prison with a lot of Muslims. With that angelic face he will be a treat.

Viking

After reading throught this guy's forum postings it seems that he would consider Slargos to be part of the Paki-Lubbin' Cultural Marxist cause of the problem.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=no&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aftenposten.no%2Fnyheter%2Firiks%2Farticle4181106.ece

I read document.no pretty regularly and they advocate a position similar to that of Mark Steyn. A Primarily Islamosceptic Christian Classical Liberal view, which Behring Breivik seems to take to extremes.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on July 23, 2011, 03:32:12 AM
Quote from: Viking on July 23, 2011, 03:30:13 AM

Maybe there's more to that, but this seems wildly illiberal. It's curing one wrong (too short / lenient sentences) with another.

It's not as bad you might suggest, think of Storage a "At least 21 years" rather than the "At most 21 years" of normal prison. Basically it procludes early release and only starts to consider release or parole after the full period is served. This does mean that 5 Years Storage is much harsher than 10 Years Prison.

Norgy

Quote from: Martinus on July 23, 2011, 03:11:56 AM

What I don't get is, if it was a nutjob fundamentalist muslim or a group thereof, it justified the calls for "expelling the vermin" (well, it was from grallon, and he is not very smart but still), but if it is a white nutjob, his ideology suddenly becomes unimportant.

It's not unimportant, but it's a rather small part right now after such a huge trauma.
One of the reasons I think it's being treated as a bit secondary right now is that it's very hard to fathom that someone went from spreading ideas that are repeated quite often both here and on various websites that aren't particularly extremist to massacring a bunch of teenagers by first felling them by one shot and then giving them the headshot with a shotgun afterwards.

I re-read some of the opinion pieces posted on multiculturalism from the likes of Christian Tybring-Gjedde and Kent Andersen from the Progress Party this past year, and the notion of the Labour Party as traitors to Norway is prevalent.

If there's one thing that can be realised from this murder spree, it's that fighting hate with more hate doesn't help. At all. 91 people who were in the wrong place at the wrong time learned that the hard way yesterday.

Martinus

But shouldn't this actually prompt a kind of self-reflection and chilling effect on people who spout the anti-immigrant bullshit? I mean, it seems to me like people have been going on for years how evil immigrants are causing violence, raping women and this will all lead to a big terrorist attack in the end - but it turns out the guy who caused possibly the greatest tragedy in post-war Norway was one of the people who were saying that.

Shouldn't this make people feel at least a bit guilty? If an imam in London who argues for a global jihad in his sermons could be seen at least morally responsible for a terrorist attack by some jihadist, wouldn't a "progressive" party populist politician arguing against the evil immigrants and the soft leftist traitors be also at least morally responsible for this?

Martinus

Also, why did you take the Toreador clan symbol as your logo, Norgy? :P

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on July 23, 2011, 03:53:43 AM

It's a Norwegian Labour Party logo.

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on July 23, 2011, 03:59:35 AM

Doesn't that violate the Masquerade?

jimmy olsen

Why would the Toreador infiltrate the Norwegian Labour Party? :hmm: Doesn't seem like their style.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 23, 2011, 04:01:39 AM

Why would the Toreador infiltrate the Norwegian Labour Party? :hmm: Doesn't seem like their style.

Why not? The leftists are traditionally into arts, culture, the boheme and teh ghey.