Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on July 22, 2011, 06:06:52 PM
Then you're out of step with your Conservative brethren, some of whom may have jumped the gun and claimed it was Muslims.  Oh well.

You were wise not to accuse me of jumping to that conclusion; I was trying to make sense out of others' assumption that he was Muslim.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Slargos

Quote from: katmai on July 22, 2011, 11:23:51 PM
So sounds like this guy is like Slargos, but with balls to back up his racist beliefs, and not just spout them off on an Internet message board?

:lol:

Thank you, Katmai. Sincerely.

Slargos

Quote from: derspiess on July 22, 2011, 11:47:46 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 22, 2011, 06:06:52 PM
Then you're out of step with your Conservative brethren, some of whom may have jumped the gun and claimed it was Muslims.  Oh well.

You were wise not to accuse me of jumping to that conclusion; I was trying to make sense out of others' assumption that he was Muslim.

Cards in hand, it was a wrong assumption. Was it an unreasonable assumption, however?

JonasSalk

Holy fuck. No wonder he was able to gun them all down. They had nowhere to go. Goddamn, that's awful.
Yuman

Norgy

The only connection is by boat. The boat used was gone.

This is beyond belief. The authorities report "at least 80 dead", so the death toll may well rise.

Norgy

At least obscure website document.no has gotten so much traffic due to Anders Behring Breivik's posting that it's gone down.

Anyway, for the Scandiweenians:

http://www.document.no/anders-behring-breivik/

I see these kinds of posts every day in various comment sections in daily newspapers.

Richard Hakluyt

What a horrible business. I'm stunned that he managed to kill so many  :(

DGuller

Aren't you Europeans glad that you'll get to support this scumbag for the next 50 years in prison?

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on July 22, 2011, 04:46:48 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 22, 2011, 04:43:19 PM
Quote from: Slargos on July 22, 2011, 04:41:54 PM
I think it takes a special kind of enthusiasm to butcher a bunch of children though.

The Nazi kind would suffice.  Nazis have a long and distinguished track record when it comes to butchering children.

So do Communists.  :hmm:

Not really. Nazis were more "nature than nurture" people, communists were the opposite. Nazis would murder parents and children, communists would murder parents and send children off to reeducation camps.

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on July 22, 2011, 05:37:14 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 22, 2011, 04:40:12 PM
I'm going to hazard a guess that when all is said and done there's a chick involved.

That, or levels of mental illness that makes any political rationale seem almost incidental - like the guy who shot the congresswoman (or was she a senator?) in Colorado.

What I don't get is, if it was a nutjob fundamentalist muslim or a group thereof, it justified the calls for "expelling the vermin" (well, it was from grallon, and he is not very smart but still), but if it is a white nutjob, his ideology suddenly becomes unimportant.

dps

Quote from: Kleves on July 22, 2011, 11:45:42 PM
80 people? It's almost unbelievable that a single guy was responsible. [tasteless languish joke]Did no one think to tackle him?[/tasteless languish joke].

Jokes aside, it was just one guy.  Sure, it takes some balls to rush at a guy with a rifle, but if it was actually a rifle and not an automatic weapon, he can only get off a certain number of shots if you Zerg rush him.  I'd rather take my chances doing that than cowering behind a rock until he finds me.

If he had a fully automatic weapon, that changes things.  Then I'd rather hit the water and swim for it.

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on July 22, 2011, 07:17:20 PM
The guy watches Caprica, which is related to the new Battlestar Galactica.  He is clearly unbalanced.

I have alerted the Sûreté du Québec.  Grallon will soon be arrested.  Berkut is next.

I think it is kinda funny, to be honest, that the guy kinda fits the profile of many Languishites. I bet if the police detained him over the gun/explosives thing before, Slargos would cry a river on how the police discriminates against good white people, while failing to capture black rapists or something.

Liep

Quote from: DGuller on July 23, 2011, 02:12:13 AM
Aren't you Europeans glad that you'll get to support this scumbag for the next 50 years in prison?

Maximum sentence is 21 I read.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk