News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hats

Started by Caliga, May 18, 2011, 08:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

How many people here own hats?

I own two cowboy hats... one is straw and I use it for working outside in my yard, as well as at the lake.  The other one is felt, and I've never really worn it yet as I just got it the other day.

When I was a kid I owned a newsboy cap because for a while it was popular to wear those for some reason.  I wore it for maybe a year or so.

I also own a few baseball caps but I pretty much never wear those.

I also had a hat (I guess it was a baseball cap) I wore when I was a little kid as part of my Cub Scout uniform.

Finally, I have a reproduction helmet for reenacting, but I guess I wouldn't really count that.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

A kajillion baseball style caps, 2 kepis(one blue, one gray) and a couple hats I wear with my suits but I can't recall the name of them.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

I have some baseball caps sitting in my closet and a winter hat. Don't bother with them much, I still have (most of) my hair.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

I also have a kajillion Baseball caps. Even the same design in multiple identical copies.

and I own a Black Cowboy hat.

Do tuques count?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Yeah, I still have a full head of hair, so for me it's not about hiding the chrome dome. :cool:

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 18, 2011, 08:16:08 AM
and I own a Black Cowboy hat.
I'll be buying one of those at some point.  In a black suit and black cowboy hat I resmemble a fat Elvis version of Trace Adkins. :cool:

Scipio

1 black felt fedora ala the Blues Brothers
1 snap-brim cap
3 baseball caps
1 heavy urban camo cap
1 watch cap
1 leather stetson
1 brown felt fedora
1 beret
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

I was in a western wear store the other week and they had a brown fedora that was clearly an imitation Indiana Jones hat.  I was thinking about buying it but Princesca yelled at me. :Embarrass:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 18, 2011, 08:27:39 AM
I was thinking about buying it but Princesca yelled at me. :Embarrass:

+1 Ed Anger Disapproval point   :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Razgovory

I wear the same type of hat as G. R. R. Martin.  Something I find somewhat distressing. :(

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I lost my black one, and bought a gray one recently.  The I find out, HE HAS A GREY ONE AS WELL! :cry:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

I think you look like a younger version of him. :)

You'll need to grow a crazy man beard first tho.

Razgovory

I fear we will both die before we finish our Magnum Opus. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valdemar

One brown tweed sixpence  :bowler:
A number of caps, mostly formula 1
Skiing gear includes helmets and other head gear
had a leather cowboy like hat from Crete, but i can't find it :(

V

Ideologue

A new olive green military cap that turns out goes poorly with many of my clothes except my Bad Religion T-shirt, and then it just makes me look like I'm trying too hard.  I also own an extremely battered/effectively destroyed brown baseball cap, but it's of no use.  I used to have a cool black fedora but I kept losing it, because like most people with cool black fedoras I was a drunk.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)