And we're back!

Main Menu

Hats

Started by Caliga, May 18, 2011, 08:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

1 baseball cap
1 wool beanie for the winter, like so, but black:

My father used to have one of these hats, but I don't think I could pull it off:

@raz: Ex-chancellor Helmuth Schmidt approves!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Camerus

I have a brown baseball cap that I sometimes use for reading, and I had a straw farmer's hat I used to wear while on vacation in China (but I left it in Inner Mongolia).  But normally I don't wear hats for aesthetic reasons.

garbon

I have this and a few beanies.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on May 18, 2011, 08:27:39 AM
I was in a western wear store the other week and they had a brown fedora that was clearly an imitation Indiana Jones hat.  I was thinking about buying it but Princesca yelled at me. :Embarrass:

I'm regretting not buying a Zahi Hawass - brand hat at the Tut exhibit gift shop when I had the chance ...  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Too many caps to count-- just about every St. Louis cardinals cap made, assorted WVU & Delaware caps, a few Bengals, Flyers, & Redwings caps as well.  I have one Reds hat that I will occasionally wear-- it's a reproduction 1900-ish hat that pays homage to the team's history but doesn't scream "I'm a Reds fan":

One off-white Kangol beret I've worn a handful of times, mostly just to irritate a friend of mine.

Several military hats I collected & then put away in storage containers-- assorted Bundeswehr, East German, and Soviet.  One of them is an early Bundeswehr tank crew helmet/beret, very similar to what pre- & early-war panzer crews wore, but in olive drab rather than black.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Pedrito

three or four wool beanies, I need to protect my precious brain in the winter
one Detroit Tigers baseball hat
several other baseball caps, mainly promotional thingies
one original chinese soft field cap, red star on front
one original Panama hat, from Mexico (maybe an illegal immigrant)
one ski helmet
one moped helmet
a three pointed hat
a really, really horrible tartan sixpence with a band of fake fiery red hair all around dangling from it  :D

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Valmy

I very rarely wear hats but I should since I have pasty British skin and live in Texas.

Should I aspire to look like a boat captain like Raz, Helmut Schmidt, and George RR Martin?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on May 18, 2011, 09:02:39 AM
I have a brown baseball cap that I sometimes use for reading

:hmm:

I have one baseball cap with the IMF golf club logo on it, one navy watch cap, and one of those wool lined ear flap winter thingies.

MadBurgerMaker

A shitload of baseball caps, three or four watch caps or beanie type things, various uniform covers.  The only ones I really wear anymore are the watch caps when it's cold. 

Barrister

A great many ball caps.  The one I wear on weekends?

Why the Winnipeg Jets cap of course.   :cool:

Though very odly, the logo is somehow missining the second "i" in Winnipeg. :hmm:

I have a faux Tilly hat for camping, many tuques of course, and a black felt cowboy hat that is now rather shapeless.  :(  Now that I'm back in Alberta I'll have to get a new one.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HisMajestyBOB

I need to get a Redskins cap, so I can show my pride when they play suckily.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Valmy

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on May 18, 2011, 10:57:25 AM
I need to get a Redskins cap, so I can show my pride when they play suckily.

I have a John Riggins jersey I wear when I watch them lose.  I make diesel noises.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on May 18, 2011, 09:16:55 AM
I'm regretting not buying a Zahi Hawass - brand hat at the Tut exhibit gift shop when I had the chance ...  :D
Why does it not at all surprise me that there is such a thing as a "Zahi Hawass - brand hat"? :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Slargos

I bought a leather cowboy hat in Sedona, and it's been with me ever since. I secretly wish I could wear it more often, and I sometimes do for when I'm out travelling, and I get some pretty funny comments too.

Overheard on a train in Scotland: "Wow, he must be some sort of free spirit, travelling the world."

From a little boy at an airport, wistfully staring at me: "You really love that hat, don't you?"  :D

Lettow77

earlier referenced, I am quite fond of my IJA field cap, which is an integral part of my VISION QUEST TO THE WEST
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'