News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hats

Started by Caliga, May 18, 2011, 08:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on May 18, 2011, 07:50:08 PM
:hmm: I thought they were vegetarian, too?

It might be that pork is banned but some take it further.

Maybe.  When I was little we invited some 7DA kids over for my brother's birthday.  They said they could eat hotdogs as long as they were all beef.

Tonitrus

- Camo field cap for the camo uniform.
- Blue flight cap for the service uniform.
- Old-style woodland-camo boonie hat for hiking.

Never wear a hat otherwise.  I think my neck is too long to pull off a good look in most hats.

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on May 18, 2011, 01:16:35 PM
I've heard that repeatedly from sources that don't appear to be Mormon-owned.  The same thing is said about Seventh-Day Adventists who refuse alcohol and meat (but as far as I know are not against caffeine consumption).  It seems likely to me that modern populations that avoid alcohol would have a higher life expectancy... you no longer need to drink alcoholic beverages since water supplies are generally safe, and alcohol abuse leads to all sorts of dangerous behaviors like DUI, not to mention cirrhosis.

I'm not arguing against alcohol consumption, of course--I brew alcoholic beverages myself.

I will also say that, while I've not personally known many Mormons, the few I have known were all fit and trim.

Actually I knew one mormon who was enormously fat.  He had some amusing stories about being a missionary in the south pacific.  He was not very charitable about the islanders. :lol:

But honestly, almost every single mormon I've known has been a very nice person.  Their religion had a very sceptical beginning, and some very weird beliefs, but I certainly respect how they focus so much of family togetherness.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 18, 2011, 10:38:05 PM
But honestly, almost every single mormon I've known has been a very nice person.  Their religion had a very sceptical beginning, and some very weird beliefs, but I certainly respect how they focus so much of family togetherness.

Every religion that has ever been successful focuses on that.  Families are how religions historically propagate themselves.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2011, 01:12:20 AM
Every religion that has ever been successful focuses on that.  Families are how religions historically propagate themselves.
Yeah.  Somebody forgot to tell this to the Shakers. :Embarrass:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 18, 2011, 07:26:52 PM

QuoteGrey felt fedora

I really wish they'd come back in style.

Fucking hipsters ruined the fedora
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 19, 2011, 04:57:22 AM
Yeah.  Somebody forgot to tell this to the Shakers. :Embarrass:

Notice how I qualify that with "successful" :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 18, 2011, 07:46:21 PM
No, there's round, and then there's a perfect sphere in a if-DaVinci-could-draw-a-perfect-sphere kinda way.  That's my head, courtesy of Dad.

My niece's head is a perfect sphere as well-- pretty amazing.  Tommy not only has my forehead but my semi-cube head shape as well.  Plus his head is ginormous.  He's 3 years old & wearing 6 3/4 size hats.

Much to my wife's relief a month ago, Lola has a tiny pea head.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

BuddhaRhubarb

baseball caps are for playing baseball only in Buddhaworld. I haven't owned one since High School. I have a few other hats though, and have at times owned far too many. That said I am in the market for a new one. I have one nice straw hat for summer, looking to get a second one. I used to have on eof those Greek fisherman hats that Raz sports above, that I wore (mostly backwards) all through university.
:p