And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on April 13, 2011, 03:11:45 PM
The cure to that is to spend the next five days in Temiskaming Edmonton.  :P

Yes, Montreal has lots of hott women, but ...

Fixed your post.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 13, 2011, 03:31:58 PM
Quote from: Malthus on April 13, 2011, 03:11:45 PM
The cure to that is to spend the next five days in Temiskaming Edmonton.  :P

Yes, Montreal has lots of hott women, but ...

Fixed your post.

That bad, huh?

I'll confess - I've never actually been to Edmonton.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

It's not the women that I complain about in Edmonton... :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 13, 2011, 03:54:17 PM

Which gives a good illustration of just how horrid that place is.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 13, 2011, 03:57:41 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 13, 2011, 03:54:17 PM

Which gives a good illustration of just how horrid that place is.
:lmfao:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Zoupa

Chicks here aren't hotter per se.

They just dress and style themselves better than elsewhere in north america. Overall style is less trashy and less casual.

Josephus

Yeah agree, but dress, fashion and style have a lot to do with looking great. That's why there are no hot babes in Alabama.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

I wonder if anyone outside Quebec watched the debate last night with the Hockey playoffs starting.

And more to the point I wonder what it will take to get the Canadian population to pay any attention to election from here on in.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Good one! Tony Clement has more charisma then Harper, ffs.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 13, 2011, 01:47:52 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 13, 2011, 12:40:21 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on April 13, 2011, 12:35:02 PM
I think we are reading different newspapers. Here they are all owned by Asper.

I don't willingly read either of Toronto's National papers.

:lmfao:

You are woefully behind the times.  Canwest declared bankruptcy and its assets were sold.  The Aspers don't own shit any longer.

To add to Buddha's problems when Asper did control Canwest, he was a huge Liberal supporter.

So even given Buddha's perception of media ownership I still have no idea how he thought the media is a "conservative mouthpiece" and I havent even mentioned the CBC yet.

I'm sorry to have bothered you guys with my stupidity. I'm done here now. Thanks for the good times in person though. I like all of you in real life.

But this political arguing is obviously not my bag. I've apparently never been right about anything and have no allies (interestingly in real life almost all my friends and acquaintances are anti-con/Harper.) Here, I feel like the only Canuck non Harperite, and I'm not politically astute enough to argue with a bunch of lawyers.

I'm going into lurker/my own threads mode for the near future. make fun of me all you want, but I'm not the enemy. I'm just someone who as the lawyers like to point out is ill informed and ignorant.
:p

Grallon

I still have no interest in this election - nor did I watch either debates.  I predict however that Harper will win with a slight majority.  And that will be the end of Ignatieff at last.  Layton will no doubt resign afterward too.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Maximus

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 14, 2011, 12:13:31 PM
Good one! Tony Clement has more charisma then Harper, ffs.
What I don't get is why charisma keeps getting brought up. Give me a leader who looks and sounds like a toad, but gets the job done--with one hand tied behind his back--over one who talks butterflies and  fluffy rainbows and never gets anywhere.

You're not electing a face. That's the GGs job.