News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Yeah, my kids & I tried to catch a glimpse of them when they passed over the Montreal area. Could only hear them.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

saskganesh

Quote from: HVC on May 15, 2020, 01:12:55 PM
He always seemed like the better Ford, personality wise. He reminds me of Bush. Probably a really nice guy, is where he is because of family, but I don't like him on a political level.

He was Rofo's heavy and enabler. He was an awful person when we had twin mayors.

Then covid came and his tiny heart grew much much bigger.
humans were created in their own image

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

PRC

NDP has applied for Federal Wage Subsidy for their 17 full-time staff and 15 to 20 part-time staff.  Their donations have significantly dried up.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ndp-federal-wage-subsidy-program-1.5580668

saskganesh

Quote from: PRC on May 22, 2020, 02:33:46 PM
NDP has applied for Federal Wage Subsidy for their 17 full-time staff and 15 to 20 part-time staff.  Their donations have significantly dried up.

Maybe the NDP should learn to fundraise. I like Singh, but the party messed up when they dumped Mulcair. He brought a lot to the table.
humans were created in their own image

Barrister

As much as I love knocking the NDP, apparently all 3 parties have asked for the wage subsidy.

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

It looks like mandatory sick leave is on the way.  It will be interesting to see if it will work like IE or whether it will be a entirely funded by the employer.  I hope it is the former.  Most large employers already provide short term sick pay and this will mainly impact small employers who don't need another expense right now. It

Grey Fox

You okay, CC? You ended abruptly there.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

That would be the way to go, mid post on Langiush.

:D

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 26, 2020, 10:20:57 AM
That would be the way to go, mid post on Langiush.

:D

Reaching out with your last ounce of strength to hit the post button...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Well don't leave us hanging. It....it....it...what?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

You will have to wait until I release the next paragraph, around the same time as Martin publishes his next book.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 27, 2020, 10:40:20 AM
You will have to wait until I release the next paragraph, around the same time as Martin publishes his next book.
That's how we'll look by then

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Wenzhou's defence that her alleged fraud would not be a crime in Canada was rejected by the court.  Fraud is fraud no matter the subject matter.

Now the court will consider whether the evidence justifies extradition and the related Charter defences.  It