Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 27, 2020, 02:06:06 PM
Wenzhou's defence that her alleged fraud would not be a crime in Canada was rejected by the court.  Fraud is fraud no matter the subject matter.

Now the court will consider whether the evidence justifies extradition and the related Charter defences.  It

The Chinese Government got him!  :secret:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on May 27, 2020, 02:21:37 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 27, 2020, 02:06:06 PM
Wenzhou's defence that her alleged fraud would not be a crime in Canada was rejected by the court.  Fraud is fraud no matter the subject matter.

Now the court will consider whether the evidence justifies extradition and the related Charter defences.  It

The Chinese Government got him!  :secret:
that's his version of "covfefe".  He wants to be edgy, too.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

The one that wanted to turn Quebec into a slave holding state? I presume anyway given it is the same as the Confederate Flag.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Responsible government - slavery - more or less the same thing, right?  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Oexmelin

It had been co-opted by the sovereignist movement in the 1960s and 1970s (when the Quebec flag was still closely associated with Maurice Duplessis and its brand of religious identity).

crazy canuck

Quote from: Oexmelin on June 02, 2020, 05:15:43 PM
It had been co-opted by the sovereignist movement in the 1960s and 1970s (when the Quebec flag was still closely associated with Maurice Duplessis and its brand of religious identity).

you mean his brand of corruption.  We still teach the Roncarelli case in law schools across the country.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 02, 2020, 05:21:29 PM

you mean his brand of corruption.  We still teach the Roncarelli case in law schools across the country.

I cited it yesterday! 😄

Oexmelin

As well it should.

It was Duplessis' own Unholy Trinity. He was an educated man who masqueraded as a country bumpkin, a man who deliberately instrumentalized government in the service of his party, who corrupted church and institutions, and allowed corruption to flourish in church and institutions.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on June 02, 2020, 05:31:31 PM

I cited it yesterday! 😄

It is my go to when I am making an argument about abuse of authority but cannot find something on all fours.  :)

Grey Fox

It's not the most friendly of flag but it is not racist against black people. Unless they are Anglos.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.