News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU3 - ready for play yet?

Started by Berkut, March 11, 2011, 09:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

You guys that actually remember what happened in years-ago EU3 games worry me.

Tamas

Quote from: ulmont on May 26, 2011, 12:40:47 PM

if you ever try to keep a nervously collapsing Jaron together with a guy who is not used to being around Jaron, without them jumping at each other's throats, you WILL remember it I can assure you :P

DGuller

I remember that game as well.  It was about the only game where things went well from me from start to finish.

Anatron

Quote from: DGuller on May 26, 2011, 01:09:50 PM
I remember that game as well.  It was about the only game where things went well from me from start to finish.

Well ,that was the first game where colonial powers really fought for colonies. :)

Spooky

Man, we really need to start another game.  New Thread time? Ulmont you know you are going to need something to do this fall, as you will likely have no NFL to watch.

Tamas

Isn't Divine Wind still brokerered?

DGuller

It is.  Not sure it's worth starting a game until it's fixed just a little.

Habbaku

DW is still quite t3h brokene and there's no way in hell I'm playing with it in the current state.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Slargos

Quote from: Tamas on May 26, 2011, 01:41:59 AM
Quote from: Slargos on May 25, 2011, 04:52:43 PM
I've been playing EU MP ever since it was stable enough to realistically run games

That makes your performance (bulldoze through the AIs ad infinitum until WE just finishes you off, repeatedly refusing to negotiate with others, then throwing a hissy fit when I abandon your lost cause in which the only incentive I got from you was that according to you, my country was only on the map to serve the Ottomans without question) even more embarrassing.

Really, the last thing you want is dig up that embarrasment of yours.

:lol:

I negotiated with everyone but Habbaku. In fact, I was negotiating actively with Austria when the attack came. That my negotiations were unsuccessful and that I was backstabbed by several of the involved parties is perhaps a severe indictment on my skills of diplomacy, but it is certainly not an embarrassment. I was largely satisfied with the game as such and even the loss of the war was acceptable (though infuriating, since I hadn't calculated on the navies being so effective against me) but when you not only joined but thought to make territorial gains against me, I realized there was nothing for me in the game and so I left.

Frankly, the losses I suffered were minor in comparison to the riches I stood to gain with a continued eastern policy and an alliance with Russia, but as I've noted every time this subject comes up and every time I've been accused of ragequitting over losing a war, the reasons for my leaving were related to players, not the game.

Slargos

Quote from: ulmont on May 26, 2011, 12:40:47 PM

I've been slandered over it on numerous occasions, and Habbaku's sig is a constant reminder, so it's going to be hard to forget.  :lol:

But then again, I can at least recall the rough outline of most every campaign I've been in, and this one is just one of the most recent.

Berkut

You deserve every ounce of ire you get though.

You can talk until the cows come home about he said, she said, who did what. But there is one thing that is indisputably true:

Slargos is the one who threw the tantrum and quit.

The truth is always a valid defense against a charge of slander.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Slargos on May 26, 2011, 02:03:04 PM
Habbaku's sig is a constant reminder

Thanks, I didnt know what "Asshat of the Year Award : Slargos, for great strides in the art of petulance." meant.  Now it can be a constant reminder to us all.

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on May 26, 2011, 02:28:47 PM
You deserve every ounce of ire you get though.

You can talk until the cows come home about he said, she said, who did what. But there is one thing that is indisputably true:

Slargos is the one who threw the tantrum and quit.

The truth is always a valid defense against a charge of slander.

:lol:

Fair enough.

I guess I shouldn't beat my head against that wall anyway.

It wasn't a tantrum, however, and I don't know why you'd need to try to frame it that way. I said I would quit, and I did.

But re-tell a lie often enough, and it becomes truth.

So yeah, it was a tantrum in a sense, I guess. Narrative is 9/10ths of Reality, after all.

ulmont

Quote from: Slargos on May 26, 2011, 02:03:04 PMHabbaku's sig is a constant reminder

Profile -> Modify Profile -> Look and Layout -> check "Don't show users' signatures." -> click "Change profile".  Done.

Slargos

Quote from: ulmont on May 26, 2011, 03:03:08 PM
Quote from: Slargos on May 26, 2011, 02:03:04 PMHabbaku's sig is a constant reminder

Profile -> Modify Profile -> Look and Layout -> check "Don't show users' signatures." -> click "Change profile".  Done.

Meh. I'd know it's there anyway. But thanks, I didn't know about that function.  :hmm: