Main Menu

CK - DV Redux

Started by Viking, September 29, 2011, 12:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 03, 2011, 11:41:26 AM
Quote from: Viking on October 03, 2011, 08:28:18 AM
Quote from: Tyr on October 03, 2011, 08:17:31 AM
I always give away duchies, kings don't get presige from counts iirc, just dukes.
And it makes the vassal screen so much nicer and neater.

If I could give my vassal counts to my vassal dukes without demanding the the title (1 BB) and ceding the province (-0.5 BB) to the duke.

If a count is naturally part of a duchy, then they will be part of that duchy when you give away the title.
Ex. If you have Counts of X, Y, and Z that are all part of (Fromage, France), then make Count X the Duke of Fromage, he will have counts Y and Z as his vassals.

Yes, but when Y and Z revolt and X doesn't do shit about it apart from mobilizing, going bankrupt and sitting with his army, and I revassalize them because I don't want to spend BB on merely maintaining realm integrity then the revolting count is now MY vassal. I can't tell him to swear to his true liege.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

szmik

Quote from: Viking on October 03, 2011, 12:01:20 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 03, 2011, 11:41:26 AM
Quote from: Viking on October 03, 2011, 08:28:18 AM
Quote from: Tyr on October 03, 2011, 08:17:31 AM
I always give away duchies, kings don't get presige from counts iirc, just dukes.
And it makes the vassal screen so much nicer and neater.

If I could give my vassal counts to my vassal dukes without demanding the the title (1 BB) and ceding the province (-0.5 BB) to the duke.

If a count is naturally part of a duchy, then they will be part of that duchy when you give away the title.
Ex. If you have Counts of X, Y, and Z that are all part of (Fromage, France), then make Count X the Duke of Fromage, he will have counts Y and Z as his vassals.

Yes, but when Y and Z revolt and X doesn't do shit about it apart from mobilizing, going bankrupt and sitting with his army, and I revassalize them because I don't want to spend BB on merely maintaining realm integrity then the revolting count is now MY vassal. I can't tell him to swear to his true liege.
You must be playing different version than me then :)
Make a duke of the richest province, then give him 1 more province so he can't be annexed quickly, and has better chance in clearing revolters. In my game dukes are quite competent when it comes to their vassals as long as they have bigger armies.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

HisMajestyBOB

I've never really had problems with my Duke's vassals rebelling.
My Dukes and Counts, on the other hand... :lol:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help