News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CK - DV Redux

Started by Viking, September 29, 2011, 12:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on October 01, 2011, 10:07:26 PM
But the in-game import doesn't work all that well, the one time i tried it.

:yes:

They did some very crappy tag pairing.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

What I didn't like about the game was that I kept having revolving door vassals.  The would become disloyal, leave my country and in a few year rejoin.  Only to go through the same process again.  It was a annoying.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

szmik

Quote from: Razgovory on October 02, 2011, 11:55:58 AM
What I didn't like about the game was that I kept having revolving door vassals.  The would become disloyal, leave my country and in a few year rejoin.  Only to go through the same process again.  It was a annoying.
not in DV, where even with realm duress and bad reputation you can quite easily get your empire back as long as your coffers are full and you have good prestige
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 01, 2011, 09:30:12 PM
Can you import a CK game into EU3 like you could your player characters in the Gold Box games?

I'm almost positive someone made a converter for CK:DV to EU3:DW/HTTT/whatever.
You'll probably have to do some manual editing to clean things up a bit though.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Viking

So, Castille. Controlling Castille, Navarra and Toledo plus counties in about half the rest of Spain. Doing OK, 20k prestige, 100% loyalty everywhere slowly but surely grabbing unprotected title, annexing, granting and waiting for bb to fall. No revolts, good stability etc. Everybody happy, apart from Kniggots of Santiago who picked the auspicious moment of the annexation of the last mooselimb in spain to appear, get annexed, re-appear, get annexed, re-appear, get vassalizes, revolt, get annexed etc. Eventually they got the message. Still, merely entertainig. Now, the powers in Spain are Me: Castille+, Galicia (Galicia plus half of andalucia) and Porto (2/3 of portugal, rest galicia and me).

Castilian Kings don't seem to have enough kids since they keep campaigning against mooselimbs and two days after their marriage their wife hates them, finds a lover and cuckolds them. But, there are enough Heir running around so not really a problem. However, my heir was a count under Galicia. Galicia gets realm duress, he is the ONLY count to revolt, he gets annexed and gets -2000 prestige. He then runs off to a court in France to be unemployed. I'm baffled. He could be duke of Austurias and Leon (stats pretty decent) to get that prestige up, but nooo.. unemployment in france for this Castillian Catholic is the first choice. Well, my king eventually dies and the heir takes over at -2000 prestige. All members at court immediately get the -2% loyalty malus that brings. In a few years all my 15+ rated courtiers are gone. My -500 ducat treasury is caused by the steward stealing over 1000 ducats. Eventually with courtiers gone bad events start happening, so my vassals no longer have the nice +4% loyalty from diplomacy and they all fall to -2% loyalt, and in a few years they start revolting, provoking realm duress.

I don't think there is any point playing the game is 90% of my time is spent putting down revolts by vassals who immediately get -5% per month loyalty as soon as they are awarded the demesne. Yes, a revolt from time to time might be fun. But to spend 6 years of game time putting down each vassal two or three times each is just fucking stupid.

It's way way way way way too easy for a vassal to revolt and if a vassal does revolt the AI annexes provoking more vassals to revolt provoking more annexation provoking a collapse to a single duchy. Historically this just happened in germany. That and the impossible cost of actually crusading (the massive cost of naval transport including the even larger cost of maintentnce for the interminable period at sea).
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Darth Wagtaros

Maybe CK 2 will have it done right.
PDH!

Viking

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 02, 2011, 09:18:15 PM
Maybe CK 2 will have it done right.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

It's been a long time since I laughed this  hard....

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Still sounds like you are doing it wrong (not negating the fact that ck is a flawed gen, of course).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2011, 09:25:15 PM
Still sounds like you are doing it wrong (not negating the fact that ck is a flawed gen, of course).

Probably. But, in this case I can't really see what I could have done? My heir was at some other court doing really really stupid shit. Flipping the Navarra Kingdom claim only gained me 400 prestige, but the subsequent revolts blasted me down again. My demesne was plague hit (but my vassals were not strangely enough) so I needed my vassals to fight my wars.

HisMajestyBOB

Revolts are a fact of life. I hope CK2 has a good plotting mechanic so that dukes and vassals will cooperate in their revolts.

Josquius

I always give away duchies, kings don't get presige from counts iirc, just dukes.
And it makes the vassal screen so much nicer and neater.
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on October 03, 2011, 08:17:31 AM
I always give away duchies, kings don't get presige from counts iirc, just dukes.

If I could give my vassal counts to my vassal dukes without demanding the the title (1 BB) and ceding the province (-0.5 BB) to the duke.

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on October 03, 2011, 08:28:18 AM

If I could give my vassal counts to my vassal dukes without demanding the the title (1 BB) and ceding the province (-0.5 BB) to the duke.

That's an easy edit of the save file; the only thing that has to change is the liege=XXXX line of the count's title section.

szmik

Quote from: Viking on October 02, 2011, 09:53:06 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2011, 09:25:15 PM

Probably. But, in this case I can't really see what I could have done? My heir was at some other court doing really really stupid shit. Flipping the Navarra Kingdom claim only gained me 400 prestige, but the subsequent revolts blasted me down again. My demesne was plague hit (but my vassals were not strangely enough) so I needed my vassals to fight my wars.
Send him on crusade, he might die or get captured. The latter happens much often, and I lost a lot of money for ransoms. You may refuse and get him killed.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Viking on October 03, 2011, 08:28:18 AM

If a count is naturally part of a duchy, then they will be part of that duchy when you give away the title.
Ex. If you have Counts of X, Y, and Z that are all part of (Fromage, France), then make Count X the Duke of Fromage, he will have counts Y and Z as his vassals.