And we're back!

Main Menu

EU3 - ready for play yet?

Started by Berkut, March 11, 2011, 09:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

szmik

Quote from: Slargos on May 19, 2011, 02:23:50 AM
Quote from: The Brain on May 19, 2011, 02:15:06 AM
Slarg = one of those guys who cannot play Diplomacy.

:lol:

Fuck. You.

I will admit that my cooperation with Tamas fell apart, but it was mainly because I was stupefied at his behaviour.

You'd know, had you played any Here I Stand languish game. :D
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Habbaku

I think it's just something in the water.  No one from Europe seems to get along with Tamas in games, whereas the American contingent merely treat him as a curiosity akin to a court jester with the potential to wreck your plans.  Ideally, he is best pointed in a direction away from you or, better, allied with your enemies.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Slargos

Quote from: Habbaku on May 23, 2011, 12:27:23 PM
I think it's just something in the water.  No one from Europe seems to get along with Tamas in games, whereas the American contingent merely treat him as a curiosity akin to a court jester with the potential to wreck your plans.  Ideally, he is best pointed in a direction away from you or, better, allied with your enemies.

Really, when he demanded Egypt in order to help OE against Spain and Austria, and JOINED YOU when he didn't get it, I simply couldn't continue playing.

If I jump into a FPS server where there's a TKer on my team I don't tough it out, I simply leave and join a new server. This is a nearly analogous situation.

Any France player with even a spitball's worth of intelligence knows better than to make the moves Tamas did.

Tamas

:lol: priceless

1st of all, Slargos' tantrum and shitty play in that first game has become a legend, and all harm I did was to join the coalition of Everyone Else, after he showed he was impossible to live with.

And of course Habs appears to be still sour that despite I let his Brandenburg grow up, he still could not tackle central european mastery for himself, as I orchestrated at least 3 different coalitions against him :P

Tamas

Quote from: Slargos on May 23, 2011, 02:10:27 PM

Really, when he demanded Egypt in order to help OE against Spain and Austria, and JOINED YOU when he didn't get it, I simply couldn't continue playing.

If I jump into a FPS server where there's a TKer on my team I don't tough it out, I simply leave and join a new server. This is a nearly analogous situation.

Any France player with even a spitball's worth of intelligence knows better than to make the moves Tamas did.

oh fuck no, you dont want to restart this shit.

you DEMANDED that I help you, which would had meant dying with you, because you were the shittiest un-diplomatic berzerk player I have ever seen. you will not rose-paint this into something else

Berkut

Jesus, Tamas or slargos?

That is a damn hard choice right there.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on May 25, 2011, 02:24:50 PM
Jesus, Tamas or slargos?

That is a damn hard choice right there.
I'll go with Jesus.

Solmyr

I'm getting nostalgic now. When are we starting a new game? I'd even let Tamas play, for shits and giggles.

Tamas

veery funny, you bandwagon-jumping sorry excuses for strategy gamers :rolleyes:

Slargos

Quote from: Tamas on May 25, 2011, 01:28:24 PM

you DEMANDED that I help you, which would had meant dying with you, because you were the shittiest un-diplomatic berzerk player I have ever seen. you will not rose-paint this into something else

:lol:

I've been playing EU MP ever since it was stable enough to realistically run games, and I've never, ever in my dozens upon dozens of campaigns seen such stupid maneuvering as from you in that game. The only one comes close is Ebbsen during his "RP" whims when he'd pick a silly persona and run with it.

Habbaku

Quote from: Slargos on May 25, 2011, 04:52:43 PM
The only one comes close is Ebbsen during his "RP" whims when he'd pick a silly persona and run with it.

I think if I played an EU 3 MP game these days, I'd almost certainly do the same.  Maybe pick a few personalities and roll a die every monarch.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Slargos on May 25, 2011, 04:52:43 PM
I've been playing EU MP ever since it was stable enough to realistically run games

That makes your performance (bulldoze through the AIs ad infinitum until WE just finishes you off, repeatedly refusing to negotiate with others, then throwing a hissy fit when I abandon your lost cause in which the only incentive I got from you was that according to you, my country was only on the map to serve the Ottomans without question) even more embarrassing.

Really, the last thing you want is dig up that embarrasment of yours.

Anatron

Quote from: Tamas on May 25, 2011, 01:28:24 PM

Well as I see you naturally let your allys die.I felt the same like Slargos did when you let Habbaku banish me out from North America (with Holland).Not calculating the consequences of your allys weakening not a good strategy I think.I understand the first priority in your play is yourself but that means others cant count on you in their long term strategy.Thats why  I will not create alliances with you again .Sorry Tom! ;-)
But I also waiting for play EU in MP again.

Tamas

Except of course, that I was keeping England off your back for quite a while before that. You grew up to be a power under the Spanish umbrella. 

Then my master plan of the dutch-portugese-spanish triple alliance fell apart because the Portugese grew paranoid :P
Keeping that alliance together while it lasted was no easy work let me tell you. But it worked beautifully for me. I had a clear separation of spheres of influence with the Portugese, the two of you delayed each other in Asia, not to mention doing the same to England. Your quick expansion in North America cornered the English into opposing you, but they could not do much while the triple alliance lasted.

Once the alliance was clearly beyond repair, you two started to dash for other allies, and I had to let one of you go. Keeping Portugal as ally was the obvious choice for various reasons, most notably the alternative which was an English-Portugese alliance, with France probably thrown in for good measure due to your early-game hsaber-rattling with them.
I did stay neutral in the conflict between you two, don't forget that :P