News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU3 - ready for play yet?

Started by Berkut, March 11, 2011, 09:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on May 26, 2011, 01:50:31 PM
DW is still quite t3h brokene and there's no way in hell I'm playing with it in the current state.

What exactly is wrong with DW right now that they haven't fixed yet?

DGuller

Quote from: Solmyr on May 26, 2011, 04:20:20 PM
DW is still quite t3h brokene and there's no way in hell I'm playing with it in the current state.

Cascading wars, for one.  Hordes also.

JonasSalk

Does naval warfare work yet? I haven't played in quite a while.
Yuman

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on May 26, 2011, 04:26:21 PM

I hate going to war with a OPM without allies or guarantors and then two weeks later finding myself at war with the bulk of europe. This is a problem. Hordes have been nerfed a bit, but they can be nerfed a bit more.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Quote from: Slargos on May 26, 2011, 02:48:48 PM
It wasn't a tantrum

It was a tantrum.  You refused to abide by the terms of peace immediately after they had been negotiated, then you proceeded to whine a few moments.  Then you advanced to "So, we're done here?"

Then you quit.

You can call it a hissy fit, if that helps.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

These shouldn't be a big problem in MP. Especially if we pick a later start date.

Spooky

Quote from: Solmyr on May 26, 2011, 06:47:12 PM

These shouldn't be a big problem in MP. Especially if we pick a later start date.

I am fine with a later start date, rare is the issue we cannot address. Cascading wars should be mitigated by less countries on the board. Are there any other issues?

DGuller

Cascading wars are still a problem for the player starting with a smaller country.  This pretty much limits us to great power starting countries.

Slargos

Quote from: Habbaku on May 26, 2011, 06:18:40 PM
Quote from: Slargos on May 26, 2011, 02:48:48 PM
It wasn't a tantrum

It was a tantrum.  You refused to abide by the terms of peace immediately after they had been negotiated, then you proceeded to whine a few moments.  Then you advanced to "So, we're done here?"

Then you quit.

You can call it a hissy fit, if that helps.

Nonsense. I tried to make peace several times and we reached terms, yet you continued the war obliterating several armies in the process. At that point I didn't see a big reason to be helpful.

But if it makes you feel better, keep up with the bullshit.

Tamas

An interesting start date could be the onset of the 30 years war.

eg. we could actually go until 1820.

Solmyr

Quote from: DGuller on May 26, 2011, 11:37:23 PM
Cascading wars are still a problem for the player starting with a smaller country.  This pretty much limits us to great power starting countries.

We pretty much play great powers anyway.

Another option (depending on the number of players) is to play only western techgroup countries. That would concentrate players into a smaller area with less danger from cascading wars and hordes being further east.

DGuller

That's an idea.  With the super-duper buildings, there is less advantage to the periphery powers being able to gobble up their way to the east.

Shade

Solmyr

Sounds like there's interest.

Maladict

I caved in and bought HTTT and DW because they are only about 3 euros each.
Am I going to be: disappointed again?