Main Menu

EU3 - ready for play yet?

Started by Berkut, March 11, 2011, 09:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on June 10, 2011, 08:43:01 AM
Quote from: Josephus on June 10, 2011, 07:12:13 AM
Go to page 17.

I assume it's fixed in DW then, because it doesn't crash. And I am pretty sure I looked at page 17 (list of your armies) many times in HTTT without crashing.

I only ever saw it happen in MP with HTTT - and usually when flipping to the list of CoTs.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Berkut on June 10, 2011, 07:17:01 AM
Wow, I sure had an incredible amount of fun playing that completely ruined MP game for weeks upon weeks.

You didn't get your ass handed to you though like poor Slargos.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Josephus

Quote from: ulmont on June 10, 2011, 09:01:21 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on June 10, 2011, 08:43:01 AM
Quote from: Josephus on June 10, 2011, 07:12:13 AM
Go to page 17.

I assume it's fixed in DW then, because it doesn't crash. And I am pretty sure I looked at page 17 (list of your armies) many times in HTTT without crashing.

I only ever saw it happen in MP with HTTT - and usually when flipping to the list of CoTs.

CTDs for me all the time in SP with HTTT.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Berkut

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 10, 2011, 09:05:33 AM
Wow, I sure had an incredible amount of fun playing that completely ruined MP game for weeks upon weeks.

This is true. My Holy Roman Empire dominated Europe. It was all a uniform shade of glorious White when everyone else surrendered...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Slargos on June 10, 2011, 03:44:31 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 09, 2011, 05:52:15 PM
Quote from: Slargos on June 09, 2011, 02:20:42 PM
Quote from: Maladict on June 09, 2011, 02:18:49 PM
I caved in and bought HTTT and DW because they are only about 3 euros each.
Am I going to be: disappointed again?

Eu3 has been a constant disappointment, so I'm not sure why you'd think these might not be.

Since when?

I have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of EU3.  I admit I haven't played much with Divine Wind, but my hilariously mis-named EU3: Complete, then EU3: HTTT were great games.

Since release.

For you uncritical SP-tards, I'm sure it's a blast, but the MP game was totally ruined.

Did you play much Eu2 MP?

I simply found it much more enjoyable than Eu3 which felt like a giant step back in immersion even though it was obviously a superior product in terms of stability and functionality.

Slargos

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 10, 2011, 09:05:33 AM

The Ottoman Empire was in excellent shape when I left it, and I could've dropped Africa and the Balkans like a hot potato and invested my time fully in India instead. I wouldn't call it an ass-handing.  :sleep:

Slargos

JonasSalk

I preferred the time when Mother Russia owned half of India.
Yuman

Shade

I miss the time when Ottoman's owned Sicily... oh wait... damn Hansa!  :mad:

JonasSalk

Yuman

Anatron

Berkut

Can we just get a HttT game going again?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on June 11, 2011, 12:05:35 PM
Can we just get a HttT game going again?

LOL can I be: Ottoman Empire?

JonasSalk

Yuman