And we're back!

Main Menu

EU3 - ready for play yet?

Started by Berkut, March 11, 2011, 09:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shade

Quote from: JonasSalk on July 05, 2011, 12:56:26 AM
I'm game. Fridays, Saturdays, whatever?

Fridays might be best... I do know that I leave for vacation through Last week of July. Think we leave Saturday but I would miss a game... for those of of you that remember playing with me last summer the condo's internet sucks balls!

Solmyr

I'd go for Friday or Saturday night (I presume in US eastern coast terms). It'll be night-early morning for me but a weekend so it's ok.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Shade

Quote from: Solmyr on July 05, 2011, 09:39:18 AM

I'd go for Friday or Saturday night (I presume in US eastern coast terms). It'll be night-early morning for me but a weekend so it's ok.

would this time frame work for others? perhaps even older veterans who haven't played a Languish Europa MP in a while?...

Solmyr

Anyone? Habs? Guller? Berkut?

DGuller

I'm out.  I sadly have neither desire, not regular availability at the times in question.

Berkut

Yeah, Friday night is a deal breaker for me. Only realistic shot I would have would be something like Tuesdays or something.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Josephus

The last patch is now official, fwiw. I bought DW but haven't installed it. Not sure if I will yet. I like HttT.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

sbr

It has some interesting ideas but in true Paradox fashion they are poorly executed.  I wouldn't recommend DW if you only play SP, I only got it to play an MP game and the expansion itself isn't doing a whole lot for me.

crazy canuck

I like the new way of constructing buildings.  I like the map a lot more.  This being languish I would never say the map is good of course.  I just like it more.

sbr

I agree they are nice changes, they aren't worth $20 for me though.  I'm not interested in Asia and three of the main selling points-new Japan, new China and hordes are all broken.

Barrister

I'm looking for EU3 suggestions (mostly because I'm not in court today, instead am bored in my office).

I started playing a game as Scotland couple days ago.  Basic plan is to not expand into Great Britain, but stay as a more-or-less recognizable Scotland, and just try and trade / colonize my way to wealth.

But I figured first things first I needed to bring England down to size.  England got into an immediate war with France.  I waited a couple years, then allied with France (and a bunch of Irish minors) and started my own war.  That war went swimmingly - all English forces were on the continent and were destroyed.  France took everything but Calais, while I took Cumbria and Northumberland (which is all I ever want from England), while liberating Wales and Cornwall.

So here's my question: now that I have two English cores is there any way to avoid having England DOW me like clockwork every five years?  Will joining them in an alliance work?  Will force vassalizing them work (or am I still too small to be able to do it)?

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

You can force them to give up their cores on you after the next war.  I imagine, though, that they're going to keep getting missions that would put you in their path.

crazy canuck

BB, there is also a cultural unity option you can use with magistrates which removes foreign cores from those territories - but I think you also need to have cores there yourself.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 05, 2011, 12:31:25 PM
BB, there is also a cultural unity option you can use with magistrates which removes foreign cores from those territories - but I think you also need to have cores there yourself.

Not sure how it works, as I did get an option for cultural unity on Northumberland (but not Cumbria).  Now to see how long it takes to fire.

But as DG points out, the bigger problem will probably be the anti-Scottish mission they get.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.