News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU3 - ready for play yet?

Started by Berkut, March 11, 2011, 09:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on July 03, 2011, 05:45:22 PM
I don't think everybody was necessary to take you down.  A competent France (sorry Katmai!)

no offense taken. Between taking over from sub in conjunction with my own ineptitude didn't help anybody but Viking. :D
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Paragraph breaks are your friend.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Viking on July 03, 2011, 06:11:00 PM

Fun game. I was rebuilding the HRE to the best of my ability, but staying up all night playing EU3 on a weeknight was just too much for me.

Why I quit the weekend games. Getting up at 6:30am on day off to play game just got to be too much.

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on July 03, 2011, 06:24:57 PM
Paragraph breaks are your friend.
:(

Didn't realize two sentences needed a paragraph break.

:P

Viking

Quote from: katmai on July 03, 2011, 06:15:54 PM
I don't think everybody was necessary to take you down.  A competent France (sorry Katmai!)

no offense taken. Between taking over from sub in conjunction with my own ineptitude didn't help anybody but Viking. :D

What I don't get is why you didn't wait until I had handed over all my french culture provinces before declaring war on me?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

katmai

Fuck if I remember the particulars of that. :)

Viking

Quote from: katmai on July 03, 2011, 06:50:20 PM

We made a deal

I give you 7 French and Walloon provinces the HRE will own after the formation.

You stay at peace with me for the inevitable war of Habbakuite Aggression.

I formed the HRE and ceded you the first 3 provicnes, selling them one per week. Before I could give you the remaining four Habbaku convinced you to join the war against me and you declared war on me.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Good generals appear to be important in MP wars. I'm still stumped on how to get a lot of them at one time, though - army tradition is just so damn slow.

And we really need to start a new game. I'm open to almost any day and hour. Really, EU3 is quite playable now (there was another beta patch recently too).

DGuller

Quote from: Viking on July 03, 2011, 06:11:00 PM
I don't think everybody was necessary to take you down.  A competent France (sorry Katmai!) combined with my Turks would've been enough to at least stalemate you.  Add in a third, minor power (like Britain) and you'd have fallen.

If DG had jumped in on your side like he promised you, the war would've been over before it had begun.

DG didn't promise me to join. I told him that if my agreement with Katmai held and France would not join any wars against HRE then he would not have to. Katmai obviously did not keep to my agreement with him. I was selling him the wallonian provinces for 0 ducats each when he declared war on me. He didn't even wait until I had sold him all the provinces I promised him, which I found very very amusing at the time. If he had waited a few weeks (gametime) he would have gotten 4 more valuable french culture group provinces from me, one per week. Beating france was easy, but I broke Katmai in the SP method and taking out France happened quickly and efficiently, but at high WE cost. I kicked you out of austria after that and fiddled around with trying to invade you using my access to hungary without much success. After the truce with France expired Katmai attacked again and I smote him again and accepted a white peace again. Only by that time you had your 6 shock generals, I had my 20 WE so I couldn't really build new units due to the time delay due to WE. Your shock generals annhillated too many of my armies and iirc I was down to about 50 regiments against your 100+ inside my territory with your leader and tech advantage and every single one of my provinces building (very slowly) new regiments I thought that by the time I could fight back Katmai would have declared war on me for the third time. At that point I appealed to DGuller to stop your transport of men to venice, he then declared that he had made an agreement with you to stay neutral and, anyway, didn't have the fleet to fight you at all. My gripe with DGuller was that he made that deal with you and was unwilling and unable to break it. What I regret is making peace with Katmai the first time, I should have just occupied all of france and waited built my strength going. I also regret not maximizing my army when I had the change in the inter-bellum.

Fun game. I was rebuilding the HRE to the best of my ability, but staying up all night playing EU3 on a weeknight was just too much for me.
I remember that one, it was my first game, and my second session.  There was a crucial miscommunication in my agreement with you, which kinda led me to believe I didn't have to fight when you expected me to fight.  I though that your agreement with me was for the purpose of keeping Spain out of the gangbang.  I also didn't reach any deals with Habbaku, I merely informed him of my intended neutrality, and he told all the allies to get off my back (I was technically in a state of war throughout).  In hindsight, my actions were kinda noobish.

Viking

DGuller

I also remember my first PvP war.  It was against Ottomans, after they went too far into northern Africa.  Me and Berkut's Britain decided to attack him in a limited war, without drawing in the other three big powers.  When Habbaku learned that only us two would be attacking him, he LOLed.  As it turns out, he LOLed for a good reason.

Shade

Well how do people think of playing on a weekend night? that way no need for people to get little sleep before work, and we can get a kick ass game going.

JonasSalk

I'm game. Fridays, Saturdays, whatever?
Yuman

Slargos

Quote from: Viking on July 03, 2011, 06:53:16 PM
Quote from: katmai on July 03, 2011, 06:50:20 PM

We made a deal

I give you 7 French and Walloon provinces the HRE will own after the formation.

You stay at peace with me for the inevitable war of Habbakuite Aggression.

I formed the HRE and ceded you the first 3 provicnes, selling them one per week. Before I could give you the remaining four Habbaku convinced you to join the war against me and you declared war on me.

It's easy. Katmai doesn't honour agreements.

But then, he IS a filthy Mexican.

katmai

I just don't honor agreements with scandi-tards. ^_^