News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU3 - ready for play yet?

Started by Berkut, March 11, 2011, 09:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 21, 2011, 01:14:39 PM
I have no fucking clue.  I haven't played EU of any brand in years, and couldn't get into Vicky. So just tell me what to do and stop asking questions.

Don't buy anything labeled complete made by Paradox.  It's false advertising.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

JonasSalk

Quote from: Solmyr on September 21, 2011, 04:39:25 AM
So, any current tips for MP warfare? I'm starting a MP game on Sunday and wouldn't mind some help from pros. I'll be playing France, we also have England, Spain, Austria and Venice!Italy as players.

You're France?

Rape England out of Europe ASAP. Get on Spain's good side. Rape as much of Italy as possible. Also, rape.
Yuman

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 21, 2011, 05:36:19 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 11, 2011, 04:57:15 PM
I just installed EU Complete.  Give me play tips.
Is that with Divine Wind or not?

No, it only has the first three expansions.
The one with DW and HTTT is "Chronicles".
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Solmyr

Quote from: JonasSalk on September 22, 2011, 11:21:11 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on September 21, 2011, 04:39:25 AM
So, any current tips for MP warfare? I'm starting a MP game on Sunday and wouldn't mind some help from pros. I'll be playing France, we also have England, Spain, Austria and Venice!Italy as players.

You're France?

Rape England out of Europe ASAP. Get on Spain's good side. Rape as much of Italy as possible. Also, rape.

England consented to the rape and will likely be selling their French provinces to me anyway. I'm considering the possibilities of an early rape of Burgundy, before it annexes all the OPMs and while it still doesn't have huge armies. The only problem is that HRE Bohemia will come in on Burgundy's side.

Habbaku

So?  A mostly-united France should have no problem kicking the shit out of them unless you're Kleves or Tamas.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on September 23, 2011, 09:29:23 AM
So?  A mostly-united France should have no problem kicking the shit out of them unless you're Kleves or Tamas.
:pinch:

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on September 23, 2011, 09:55:08 AM
:pinch:

Or Katmai.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

I didn't know katmai played EU3.  :huh: He was France in my first game, but I wouldn't classify that as playing.

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on September 23, 2011, 10:19:54 AM
I didn't know katmai played EU3.  :huh: He was France in my first game, but I wouldn't classify that as playing.

Yes, I remember blitzing katmai twice in 5 years....

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on September 23, 2011, 10:30:47 AM

Which was, really, the only way you could've won that war, though the writing was on the wall as soon as England hopped in and Spain hopped out.  I always did the same thing when playing the ogre power, myself--pick the weakest link and pound them to dust using everything you have.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on September 23, 2011, 04:52:03 AM
England consented to the rape and will likely be selling their French provinces to me anyway.

To comment further on this, your English player is a buffoon.  I am decidedly of the opinion that it is one of the largest mistakes the English can make to sell/concede the French provinces without much of a fight.  The further they retreat into their little island/colonial chain, the more irrelevant that they become outside of acting as a spoiler.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on September 23, 2011, 02:41:30 PM
Quote from: Viking on September 23, 2011, 10:30:47 AM

Which was, really, the only way you could've won that war, though the writing was on the wall as soon as England hopped in and Spain hopped out.  I always did the same thing when playing the ogre power, myself--pick the weakest link and pound them to dust using everything you have.

meh, my true mistake was to delay building a monster army. I thought I was doing well until your invasion started. At that point I started building troops. The problem was that it my first troops would have taken two years to build my regiments accross all of germany... that and your shock generals.

Habbaku

Yeah, I think I had, what, four shock 6 generals at one point?  And plenty of cavalry.

Doesn't matter how fast you build when your armies disappear in a month due to that.  :licklips:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

The problem here is combining "mostly-united France" and "early", since France can only annex one vassal every 10 years.

Also, what is a good army composition to use early on? 4 cav and 8 inf?

Best first NI I assume is +1 morale. And an army tradition guy for an advisor?

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on September 24, 2011, 06:04:48 AM

The problem here is combining "mostly-united France" and "early", since France can only annex one vassal every 10 years.

Don't be afraid of getting a bit of BB for annexing the militarily.

Also, what is a good army composition to use early on? 4 cav and 8 inf?
That depends, what is the maintenance level in the province you expect to be standing in.

Best first NI I assume is +1 morale. And an army tradition guy for an advisor?

For France probably, thought large army or increased manpower ones are possible as well. You might also do pretty well with patron of the arts which gives you good advisers.