News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU3 - ready for play yet?

Started by Berkut, March 11, 2011, 09:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

I'm not sure just how much this might be changed in HttT, but before that expansion, even if you win another war and force them to give up the cores on your provinces, they were likely to get them back sooner or later by random event. 

As for force-vassalizing them, it doesn't matter much how big or how small you are, what matters is that they have to be big enough that the force-vassalize peace option is worth no more than 100% war score.  I don't remember exactly, but I think they probably need to lose at least a couple more provinces before you can force-vassalize them.  Of course, you could take a couple of provinces that you don't want and then sell them to Wales or Cornwall.  That means yet another war to force-vassalize them, of course, but at that point they won't be so tough anymore.

Getting them in an alliance will work in theory, but there are some problems.  First, it'll take a good bit of money to get relations up to where they have even a chance to agree.  That's not too big a problem, but once you do get relations up, it'll still be impossible to get them to agree it either you or they have too many allies already.  And if you do get an alliance with them, if you declare war on another country too soon, they'll just break the alliance.  And even after that, they may break it at some point for no apparant reason.

Again, all of that is pre-HttT.

barkdreg

The cultural unity decision will ony remove the cores of countries that don't exist yet.
Cultural unity on Northumberland will remove the Northumberlan core but not the English core. Also you don't have to wait for an event to fire, just get two magistrates and enacht the decision.

Solmyr

Kleves

BTW, does EU: Rome still suck?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

barkdreg

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on August 15, 2011, 11:09:22 AM
Given how exciting it's wiki article is, I'd guess yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europa_Universalis:_Rome

Can you summarize...I really don't have time to read all that.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DGuller

The reception section is really telling.  :lol:

Ideologue

Quote from: DGuller on August 15, 2011, 11:12:05 AM
The reception section is really telling.  :lol:
:lol:

It really does sum up the gameplay experience.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

I just installed EU Complete.  Give me play tips.
PDH!

HisMajestyBOB

Tried playing Qara Koyunlu. Hordes suck. I hate them.
And the Fun2EU mod is pretty fun, making things more detailed and balanced (especially the NI) while avoiding the tons of restrictive and irritating crap that Magna Mundi adds.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Shade

so I suppose that we are never to play an MP of this game again...

Solmyr

So, any current tips for MP warfare? I'm starting a MP game on Sunday and wouldn't mind some help from pros. I'll be playing France, we also have England, Spain, Austria and Venice!Italy as players.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 11, 2011, 04:57:15 PM
I just installed EU Complete.  Give me play tips.
Is that with Divine Wind or not?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

I have no fucking clue.  I haven't played EU of any brand in years, and couldn't get into Vicky. So just tell me what to do and stop asking questions.
PDH!