News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU3 - ready for play yet?

Started by Berkut, March 11, 2011, 09:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Maladict on June 09, 2011, 02:18:49 PM
I caved in and bought HTTT and DW because they are only about 3 euros each.
Am I going to be: disappointed again?

Eu3 has been a constant disappointment, so I'm not sure why you'd think these might not be.

Maladict

Quote from: Slargos on June 09, 2011, 02:20:42 PM

Eu3 has been a constant disappointment, so I'm not sure why you'd think these might not be.
:(

First impression: it is definitely easier on the eyes.
Second impression: none so far.

Solmyr

For 3 euros each? I'd say it's worth it. HTTT is good by now, and DW will get there eventually.

Maladict

eugame.exe crashes on exit every time. WAD?

Razgovory

Quote from: Solmyr on June 09, 2011, 04:12:26 PM
For 3 euros each? I'd say it's worth it. HTTT is good by now, and DW will get there eventually.

They never did fix the problem where HTTT crashes when you look in the ledger.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Josephus

Quote from: Maladict on June 09, 2011, 04:16:45 PM
eugame.exe crashes on exit every time. WAD?

Yeah. And avoid the ledger.

Otherwise I think HTTT is pretty good. Haven't gotten wind of DW yet, but I never play as Asians anyways. I may pick it up for 4 bucks though.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Shade

If we end up ever getting a MP game going I feel as though it will  be well worth it

Barrister

Since when?

I have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of EU3.  I admit I haven't played much with Divine Wind, but my hilariously mis-named EU3: Complete, then EU3: HTTT were great games.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

ulmont

Slargos

Quote from: Barrister on June 09, 2011, 05:52:15 PM

Since when?

I have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of EU3.  I admit I haven't played much with Divine Wind, but my hilariously mis-named EU3: Complete, then EU3: HTTT were great games.

Since release.

For you uncritical SP-tards, I'm sure it's a blast, but the MP game was totally ruined.

Solmyr

Quote from: Razgovory on June 09, 2011, 04:47:10 PM

:huh: When was this? I don't recall the ledger ever crashing.

Josephus

Quote from: Solmyr on June 10, 2011, 05:12:09 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 09, 2011, 04:47:10 PM

:huh: When was this? I don't recall the ledger ever crashing.

Go to page 17.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on June 10, 2011, 03:44:31 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 09, 2011, 05:52:15 PM

Since when?

Since release.

For you uncritical SP-tards, I'm sure it's a blast, but the MP game was totally ruined.

Wow, I sure had an incredible amount of fun playing that completely ruined MP game for weeks upon weeks.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

Quote from: Josephus on June 10, 2011, 07:12:13 AM
Go to page 17.

I assume it's fixed in DW then, because it doesn't crash. And I am pretty sure I looked at page 17 (list of your armies) many times in HTTT without crashing.