News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU3 - ready for play yet?

Started by Berkut, March 11, 2011, 09:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

I tried playing DW with the latest beta patch, and I came to realization that I'm not feeling it at all for EU3 anymore.  I don't know if it's due to DW changes breaking the game, or just general fatigue with the game, but I was just meh.

Josephus

oK, So downloaded HttT and the patch1.4, I think it is.

Just to test it out I started a 1453 game as England. Within 5 seconds I had my first problem.  :( Whenever my cursor hovers over a sea zone I get a list of a whole bunch  of ships (most of which I think are from undiscovered countries) like Aceh, for example. Will these go away?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DGuller

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DGuller

Josephus

Great. That worked. Thanks. Also fixed the "crash upon exiting" issue I also had.

Now I think I remembered why I stopped playing P'dox games all those months ago... ;) let's see what else comes up...

Civis Romanus Sum

sbr

Quote from: Agelastus on May 16, 2011, 12:01:50 PM
Quote from: sbr on May 15, 2011, 05:20:24 PM
HttT adds a lot to the game and is definitely worth it, in my opinion.  I haven't got DW yet and don't plan on it until I can find it for 50% off or better.

Seconded, except for the fact that I currently have no intention of getting Divine Wind at all.

Yeah, I don't have any real intention of getting it but I am a sucker for huge discounts so I can't guarantee I would pass it up if I could get it for a few dollars.

Solmyr

Another patch came out, they nerfed the hordes some.

QuoteBeta of 5.1 - 17th May 2011

- Increased the time it takes for horde to conquer non-core territory.
    - Harsh terrain makes it slower for hordes to destroy buildings.
    - Forts in mountains and hills now take a slightly longer time to siege.
    - Techgroup affects how quickly a province falls to horde building destruction.
    - Fixed a crashbug in the outliner.
    - Nomads can no longer be part of a union.
    - Added 35 new random events for yearly pulse, a majority of them positive.
    - Fixed the broken colored flags and inability to select units at zoom out from last beta.
    - Changed yearly pulse to bi-yearly, reducing frequency by half.
    - Create general/admiral/explorer/conquistador now picks a female name if the level is <0 in an event effect.

Maximus

They seem to have unregistered all my games :mellow:

Could access the support forum a couple days ago. Now there are no games on my account.

dps

Quote from: Maximus on May 17, 2011, 05:27:44 PM

Could access the support forum a couple days ago. Now there are no games on my account.

Are you sure that you were properly logged in.  I checked, and all of my registered games show up as being successfullly registered.

BTW, what the heck is Europa Universalis:  Chronicles?

Maximus

Yes I was able to register games I had not previously registered. eg magicka.

Maximus

Any chance anyone could upload the beta patch?

sbr

Quote from: dps on May 17, 2011, 06:49:55 PM
Quote from: Maximus on May 17, 2011, 05:27:44 PM

Are you sure that you were properly logged in.  I checked, and all of my registered games show up as being successfullly registered.

BTW, what the heck is Europa Universalis:  Chronicles?

A collection of EU3 and all of the expansions including the newest one Divine Wind.

Shade

Quote from: Solmyr on May 17, 2011, 05:16:29 AM
Another patch came out, they nerfed the hordes some.

QuoteBeta of 5.1 - 17th May 2011

- Added 35 new random events for yearly pulse, a majority of them positive.

This one looks nice!

Solmyr

What exactly is this yearly pulse?