And we're back!

Main Menu

EU3 - ready for play yet?

Started by Berkut, March 11, 2011, 09:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 21, 2011, 03:25:43 AM
So, is Divine Wind worth it?

Most mods, like MEIOU, Magna Mundi, and SRI don't support DW yet, so if you play with mods, no. I haven't tried vanilla DW yet.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Solmyr

Quote from: Shade on April 21, 2011, 02:40:19 PM
Is there a Euro friendly time that is a week day?

Most Euro-evenings should work for me. In other words, roughly the same times we played on Sundays.

Berkut

Yeah, there was a reason we had a US-centric evening game and a EU friendly weekend game.

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

jimmy olsen

HttT 4.1 patch kills the game for me. Crashes immediately after the intro videos play. <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 24, 2011, 03:00:44 AM
HttT 4.1 patch kills the game for me. Crashes immediately after the intro videos play. <_<

Did you have it installed before on your machine?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

No. However I followed the advice from Paradox and it works now.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 24, 2011, 07:10:47 AM
No. However I followed the advice from Paradox and it works now.

It can be a pain in the ass to install, especially if you've had EU3 installed on there before.  Using the CrapCleaner program can really help.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Barrister

So I started playing around with DW last night since the March 29 beta patcha has been out for awhile, and of course I played as Byzantium.  Tried a 1403 start to take advantage of the Ottoman civil war.

Why the hell did they give the Ottomans 3 warships?  It makes it pretty damn impossible to outbuild their navy and simply shut down the straight if they do that. :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Barrister on May 04, 2011, 05:56:14 PM
So I started playing around with DW last night since the March 29 beta patcha has been out for awhile, and of course I played as Byzantium.  Tried a 1403 start to take advantage of the Ottoman civil war.

Why the hell did they give the Ottomans 3 warships?  It makes it pretty damn impossible to outbuild their navy and simply shut down the straight if they do that. :mad:

Army and navy sizes are created based on various factors, I believe, and aren't preset in the game files. So a country of the Ottoman's size, tech levels, sliders, etc. get that many warships.

Also, the Byzantines were screwed by that point. Give it up and join the dark side.  :osama:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

dps

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on May 04, 2011, 10:51:49 PM

Army and navy sizes are created based on various factors, I believe, and aren't preset in the game files.

That's my understanding as well, if you pick a random date to start.  IIRC, the pre-set dates are supposed to have more accurate force levels, but some of the research is iffy at best.

Razgovory

Army and navy sizes are created based on various factors, I believe, and aren't preset in the game files. So a country of the Ottoman's size, tech levels, sliders, etc. get that many warships.

Also, the Byzantines were screwed by that point. Give it up and join the dark side.  :osama:

I think they pick up a few provinces for a short period of time before that.  Even the AI Byzantium does well sometimes, which kind of takes some of the fun out of it.  Now the country that game can't run properly is France.  Which either implodes or is eaten by Burgundy.   It's not uncommon to see Guyenne to become a major power.

Agelastus

Reading this thread makes me so glad that I chose not to buy "Divine Wind".
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on May 05, 2011, 11:27:00 AM

I think they pick up a few provinces for a short period of time before that.  Even the AI Byzantium does well sometimes, which kind of takes some of the fun out of it.  Now the country that game can't run properly is France.  Which either implodes or is eaten by Burgundy.   It's not uncommon to see Guyenne to become a major power.

Aye - the 1403 start gives you an extra province or two, AND an Otto civil war.

Barrister

There's a new May 10 beta patch.

JonasSalk

Yuman