News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on November 14, 2011, 10:49:50 AMOne of their wins is against a Div II opponent I believe.  But I do not think it will matter.  I know Wyoming cannot take opponents for granted but New Mexico is remarkable in its ineptitude.

FCS.  Weber State in week 1,  Texas State in week 2.   

PDH

Yep, with BYU and Utah leaving last year there were big holes to fill in the schedule - 2 fcs teams in the first two weeks actually helped the team and the true freshman QB (who seems destined to be the Freshman of the year in the MWC).

Being more than 3 TDs favorite against ANYONE is scary for Wyoming...but Valmy is right, New Mexico is very, very bad.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 14, 2011, 10:51:06 AM
FCS.  Weber State in week 1,  Texas State in week 2.  

Ah right only one FCS opponent can count for Bowl Eligibility I believe.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Still, 6-3 with one more win to get eligibility is way better than 2-7 like this time last year...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on November 14, 2011, 11:00:42 AM
Ah right only one FCS opponent can count for Bowl Eligibility I believe.

Yeah.

QuoteStill, 6-3 with one more win to get eligibility is way better than 2-7 like this time last year...

What are the MWC bowls anyway?  Boise might still get into a BCS bowl, assuming they don't lose again, which would open up a slot for Wyoming.  Off the top of my head, I recall Las Vegas, Independence, Poinsettia, Armed Forces, New Mexico.....anything else?

PDH

Las Vegas, New Mexico, Poinsettia, Independance - those are the tie ins I think.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on November 14, 2011, 11:39:49 AM
Las Vegas, New Mexico, Poinsettia, Independance - those are the tie ins I think.

Most of the major conferences are not going to fill theirs this season.  Everybody who qualifies will be playing someplace.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: PDH on November 14, 2011, 11:39:49 AM

Oh no Armed Forces Bowl?  I figured with Air Force there, they'd go for MWC as one of their conferences, with Army and Navy as "OR" options. 

PDH

I don't think Armed Forces is auto-tie in. Still, Wyoming and Bowl Games does not go together so I might be confused.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

Hey New Mexico hired Bob Davie as head coach.  Now someone needs to hire Craig James.  Also Joe Tessitore.  And Pam Ward and all the other shitheads I can't think of right now.  Maybe they can all go make up the coaching staff at New Mexico.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/16140644/new-mexico-hires-exnd-coach-davie

PDH

Good God...how is that a smart hire?  Ok, he can coach defense, but is he electric enough to bring in good players to a program that down?  Trust me on this one, when a program wins just a couple of games in 3 seasons, it takes a LOT to turn it around.  Wyoming is still recovering from the early 2000s...
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quotebut is he electric enough

I'm sure they have a light socket he can stick his finger into there.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

He went for the salsa, he stayed for the mediocre football.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

dps

Quote from: PDH on November 16, 2011, 07:40:49 PM
He went for the salsa, he stayed for the mediocre football.

Mediocre would be a huge improvement for New Mexico.

They'll probably be happy if Davie just refrains from assaulting his assistants.

sbr

The local sports talk radio show mentioned the hiring of Davie, then started talking about the worst 1-A football job in the country.  Wyoming made the Top 5 but definitely isn't #1.