News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen k

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 06, 2011, 09:27:11 PM
But Boise St and Houston don't deserve auto-bumping with their schedules. So I'd have Alabama at #4. Even so, I still think they're better than OK St and Stanford.

Boise doesn't need "auto-bumping". What is Houston ranked, don't see them on list?

dps

Quote from: citizen k on November 12, 2011, 05:53:51 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 06, 2011, 09:27:11 PM
But Boise St and Houston don't deserve auto-bumping with their schedules. So I'd have Alabama at #4. Even so, I still think they're better than OK St and Stanford.

Boise doesn't need "auto-bumping". What is Houston ranked, don't see them on list?

11th

Eddie Teach

Boise doesn't need "auto-bumping".

To be ranked ahead of Alabama they do. Extra credit for having a perfect schedule, not a serious expectation that they'd win the majority of head-to-head games.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

citizen k

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 12, 2011, 06:06:08 PM

To be ranked ahead of Alabama they do. Extra credit for having a perfect schedule, not a serious expectation that they'd win the majority of head-to-head games.

They can't beat Alabama? Consistency counts for something.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: citizen k on November 12, 2011, 06:36:22 PM

Alabama has not allowed more than 14 points in a game. That's pretty consistent.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Jebus.  That freshman RB for the Ducks is really.  Fucking.  Fast.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

That was a pretty good game by the Ducks.  I wasn't too sure who I thought was going to win but I didn't expect a really close game either way; I figured one of the teams would pull away in the second half.  I didn't expect Stanford to turn the ball over 4 times, which really was the difference.

I thought Luck played decent but was killed by his receivers dropping passes; the pick 6 by Oregon should have been caught by the Stanford receiver.  The Oregon offense was pretty good but not great, they were helped out by good field position and turnovers quite a bit.  The Duck defense was phenomenal, about as good as I have seen an Oregon D play in a long time; stopped the run making Stanford one dimensional, then they were able to pressure Luck and cover his receivers, who really aren't all that good (especially with the injuries).  I was also surprised by how bad the field conditions were and how they affected the home team much more than Oregon.

Very happy with the win.  Oregon should pass Boise and Stanford for sure, maybe Oklahoma but I couldn't complain if they didn't.

Habsburg

Berkut

Not terribly surprised by the outcome of the Stanford-Oregon game. I was rooting for the Tree of course, but Oregon is a very, very good football team.

What pisses me off is that it is just indicative, IMO, of how freaking good the SEC is though.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

And Arizona getting punked by Colorado. Just...wow. No, actually it isn't even that surprising.

Imagine how good Stanford would be with Arizona's receivers though...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

sbr

Quote from: citizen k on November 12, 2011, 06:36:22 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 12, 2011, 06:06:08 PM

They consistently miss make-able field goals and shit the bed against inferior opponents.

PDH

The joy of being a Wyoming fan.  UW is now 6-3, one more game to be bowl eligable, tied for 2nd place in the conference, having their best conference season in a decade...and suddenly all the fans are worried that the coach is leaving, Wyo will get screwed out of a bowl game or other crap.

Oh well, it goes with the territory.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Rasputin

Quote from: PDH on November 14, 2011, 10:35:22 AM
The joy of being a Wyoming fan.  UW is now 6-3, one more game to be bowl eligable, tied for 2nd place in the conference, having their best conference season in a decade...and suddenly all the fans are worried that the coach is leaving, Wyo will get screwed out of a bowl game or other crap.

Oh well, it goes with the territory.

6 games is bowl elible assuming fbs opponents
Who is John Galt?

Valmy

Quote from: Rasputin on November 14, 2011, 10:46:21 AM
6 games is bowl elible assuming fbs opponents

One of their wins is against a Div II opponent I believe.  But I do not think it will matter.  I know Wyoming cannot take opponents for granted but New Mexico is remarkable in its ineptitude.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."