News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Oh yes, though my party agreed it was just the first two rows.  ( The more sparkly section.)
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Valmy

Quote from: ulmont on November 05, 2011, 10:42:32 PM
Geaux Tigers!  And...that's the real national championship game this year.  You won't see two better teams play each other the rest of the year.

I hope to see better special teams though...oh wait better kickers are booting field goals all over America every friday night.

Seriously having a huge game like that come down to one school having a joke for special teams?  Saban should be ashamed of himself rolling that loser out there to kick.  That was a bit of a letdown.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 05, 2011, 11:07:22 PM
I would like to say I appreciated the CBS director's fascination with the Alabama dancing girl section of the bleachers.

Ah yeah that was pretty nice.  I also liked all the crying frat boys after LSU won.  Screw you Kappa Alphas.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 05, 2011, 10:58:36 PM
This is the first time I've seen either team play.  My impression was both offenses were very average, but I'm willing to allow for the fact that they working against two very good defenses, and reevaluate the next time I see them play.
They were both averaging 39 points per game before this game.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Hey MBM how did you enjoy the Red Raider pancake breakfast curtousy of the Texas O-Line?  Bringing the pain to the Columbia Kittens next week.  Same bat time, same bat channel.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2011, 12:12:53 AM
Hey MBM how did you enjoy the Red Raider pancake breakfast curtousy of the Texas O-Line?  Bringing the pain to the Columbia Kittens next week.  Same bat time, same bat channel.

Hell yeah man, that was pretty awesome.  Greg Davis would have thrown the ball 80 times.

Edit: Hey I see Virginia won and is now 6-3.  It's been a while since they've been bowl eligible, hasn't it?

Habsburg

Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2011, 11:19:35 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 05, 2011, 11:07:22 PM
I would like to say I appreciated the CBS director's fascination with the Alabama dancing girl section of the bleachers.

Ah yeah that was pretty nice.  I also liked all the crying frat boys after LSU won.  Screw you Kappa Alphas.

GO LSU!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 05, 2011, 10:58:36 PM
This is the first time I've seen either team play.  My impression was both offenses were very average, but I'm willing to allow for the fact that they working against two very good defenses, and reevaluate the next time I see them play.

I've been watching Lee and Jefferson struggle for years. This year Lee's had better stats than before, but didn't look good this game.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sophie Scholl

Anyone know the official distance of the one insane punt by the Army punter in the... 4th quarter?  One of the longest I've ever seen with the gift of a terrible miss by the Air Force return man and an amazing bounce after.  I'm pretty sure Army was inside or close to their 20 and it went out at maybe the Airforce 2?  Regardless, insane kick with awful defense following it up, making it all for naught.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 06, 2011, 03:05:04 AM
Anyone know the official distance of the one insane punt by the Army punter in the... 4th quarter?  One of the longest I've ever seen with the gift of a terrible miss by the Air Force return man and an amazing bounce after.  I'm pretty sure Army was inside or close to their 20 and it went out at maybe the Airforce 2?  Regardless, insane kick with awful defense following it up, making it all for naught.

Box score says the Army punter had a long of 72.  A good day for punters to really bomb it, it seems.  There was one by the LSU's tonight that was just about the same (73), and I saw Oregon State's really get a long one too (65).

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Alcibiades on November 05, 2011, 11:18:34 PM
Oh yes, though my party agreed it was just the first two rows.  ( The more sparkly section.)

I thought there was some talent in the back rows as well (the spandex section).

PDH

Missouri to the SEC opens the door for Wyoming to go to the Big 12!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 06, 2011, 11:30:25 AM
It's official, Missouri to the SEC

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=AlCcunnuLDMJ1p.o5wk_3Vs5nYcB?slug=ap-missouri-sec

Well they cannot beat Baylor maybe they can find somebody in the SEC they can defeat.  Oh wait they did: Texas A&M last week.

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on November 06, 2011, 12:47:12 PM
Missouri to the SEC opens the door for Wyoming to go to the Big 12!

Sorry we already sorta replaced them with West Virginia.