Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Hahaha Baylor with the big FUCK YOU to Oklahoma

sbr

LSU - Alabama rematch anyone?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: sbr on November 19, 2011, 11:54:26 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 19, 2011, 11:31:53 PM
Chip Kelly what the fuck!? Worst clock management I've ever seen.
What happened I wasn't watching.
They were driving and had 3 timeouts and like 33 seconds at the end. He chose to use none and play for the tie. Let the clock run down and spike the ball to center the kicker. False start Oregon. Then neutral zone infraction USC. Kick goes left. Just mind blowingly bad time management.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on November 20, 2011, 12:01:06 AM

I would've liked to have seen LSU and OU, but OU getting knocked out of the possibility by the mighty Bears is good enough.

jimmy olsen

So, it's going to be LSU #1, Alabama #2, and Arkansas #3. Now that's SEC dominance.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

I've long since given up even pretending to argue that the SEC is anything other than the NFL-lite.

They have decisively won the college football conference meta-game.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 20, 2011, 12:02:37 AM
Quote from: sbr on November 19, 2011, 11:54:26 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 19, 2011, 11:31:53 PM
Chip Kelly what the fuck!? Worst clock management I've ever seen.
What happened I wasn't watching.
They were driving and had 3 timeouts and like 33 seconds at the end. He chose to use none and play for the tie. Let the clock run down and spike the ball to center the kicker. False start Oregon. Then neutral zone infraction USC. Kick goes left. Just mind blowingly bad time management.
This.  Unbelievable.  That's what happens when you play for the tie, kids.  The football gods strike you down and chortle at your lack of courage.  As soon as I saw them doing it, I knew Lance was going to coach his boys to an upset.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Eddie Teach

That will be awkward when neither team managed to win their conference.  :ph34r:  :wacko:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 20, 2011, 04:31:45 AM

That will be awkward when neither team managed to win their conference.  :ph34r:  :wacko:

So you think that Georgia beats LSU in the SEC title game?

Eddie Teach

I think the word hope would be more accurate. But if they play like they did in the Auburn game, they can beat LSU.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Who goes to the SEC title game if Arkansas beats LSU?

1 Karma Chameleon point

ulmont

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 20, 2011, 03:18:17 PM

Georgia.   ;)

sbr

For a three way tie in the SEC they look at the head to head record of the two teams that are ranked highest in the BCS rankings.

dps

Quote from: sbr on November 20, 2011, 05:12:37 PM

For a three way tie in the SEC they look at the head to head record of the two teams that are ranked highest in the BCS rankings.

The tie-breaking procedures make it hard to say for sure who would go to the title game in a 3-way tie, because it depends largely on how the poll voters would react, and that could depend on exactly how the games are won or lost, but if Arkansas beats LSU and Alabama beats Auburn, then I'd guess that most likely Alabama would win the division and go to the SEC title game.  If Arkansas beats LSU and Auburn beats Alabama, then it's a 2-way tie and Arkansas would win based on beating LSU head-to-head. 

MadBurgerMaker

Some RS-Fresh TE for Arkansas died today.  Garrett Uekman.  A roommate left while he was in the room playing video games, an hour later Uekman was found on the floor in cardiac arrest, and an hour after that he was pronounced dead.  No autopsy or anything like that yet, but he had supposedly done nothing last night but go to Sonic with another Arkansas player. RIP

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7261953/arkansas-freshman-tight-end-garrett-uekman-dies-19