News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: grumbler on November 19, 2011, 03:40:43 PM
Michigan routs Nebraska to start their half of The Week Before The Game.  M's scoring defense was 110th in the country last year.  The same guys are 5th now.

Ed, looking to see your Bucknuts do the same to Penn State.  I don't think the Buckeyes can do enough to make me think they stand a chance next week, but I always want The Game to mean as much as possible.

You might be disappointed. Between a freshman QB, mostly young wideouts and injuries to the defense, you may not get a good game this year.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Aaaaand Wyoming beats one of the worst teams in the nation, New Mexico, to get their 7th win and bowl eligability.  Final score: 31-10, true freshman QB Brett Smith rushes for 140 yards, throws for 212.  All in all, a fun game on a cold and windy day here in Laramie.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

God, there is some tight tail at this game. I should wander over to the student section.

Ed Anger

grumbler

Quote from: PDH on November 19, 2011, 05:24:25 PM
Aaaaand Wyoming beats one of the worst teams in the nation, New Mexico, to get their 7th win and bowl eligability.  Final score: 31-10, true freshman QB Brett Smith rushes for 140 yards, throws for 212.  All in all, a fun game on a cold and windy day here in Laramie.
'grats.  I kinda know how much fun it can be to have a freshman QB who just goes nuts once in a while.  With guys like that, every play could be a disaster or a triumph.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 19, 2011, 05:23:11 PM
You might be disappointed. Between a freshman QB, mostly young wideouts and injuries to the defense, you may not get a good game this year.

I hadn't heard about injuries.  Is that why the D that held a good MSU offense to 10 let the wretched PSU offense score 20?

Pity.  Hope for some cures before The Game.

Also hope Wisky knocks off PSU next week.  If its a PSU-MSU championship game, it will stink. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Quote from: grumbler on November 19, 2011, 07:16:47 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 19, 2011, 05:23:11 PM

I hadn't heard about injuries.  Is that why the D that held a good MSU offense to 10 let the wretched PSU offense score 20?

Pity.  Hope for some cures before The Game.

Also hope Wisky knocks off PSU next week.  If its a PSU-MSU championship game, it will stink.

I can really tell a dropoff with Sweat injured. Shazier smashes people but looks like he needs another year to be fully ready.

MadBurgerMaker

Wow USC is jumping all over Oregon right now.

jimmy olsen

Looks like #s 2, 4 and 7 will have gone down by the end of the day, and 5 isn't out of the woods yet.  :wacko:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 19, 2011, 10:36:18 PM
Looks like #s 2, 4 and 7 will have gone down by the end of the day, and 5 isn't out of the woods yet.  :wacko:

Well there's still a lot of time in the Oregon - USC game.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 19, 2011, 10:37:37 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 19, 2011, 10:36:18 PM

Well there's still a lot of time in the Oregon - USC game.
These guys couldn't stop USC if there life depended on it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

My prediction:  if Michigan beats Ohio next week, it gets a BCS at-large invite.

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Chip Kelly what the fuck!? Worst clock management I've ever seen.

1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 19, 2011, 11:31:53 PM
Chip Kelly what the fuck!? Worst clock management I've ever seen.

What happened I wasn't watching.