News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Optimism high here in Wyoming.  A winning season means the coach will be gone, Wyoming will get screwed out of a bowl game, and the freshman of the year QB will get hurt.  Optimism, I tell you, everyone is positive these things will come to pass.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on November 21, 2011, 11:21:28 AM
Optimism high here in Wyoming.  A winning season means the coach will be gone, Wyoming will get screwed out of a bowl game, and the freshman of the year QB will get hurt.  Optimism, I tell you, everyone is positive these things will come to pass.

Where do they think Christiansen is going to go?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2011, 11:26:25 AM

Where do they think Christiansen is going to go?
They don't have to think of a place, they just know he will go.  One of the first questions asked when he was hired was "if you are successful in a couple of years will you leave?"

Ahh, Wyoming, stepping-stone of coaches.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2011, 10:40:06 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 21, 2011, 10:23:27 AM
I want a goddamn tear shed for Ohio State. 6-5? FUCK.

I didn't know my preseason prediction of 7-5 was going to be THIS close. Sheesh.

Eh...Texas is 6-4 and looking to probably finish 6-6.  Heck our teams are pretty similar: all defense and running game with no QB to speak of.

Sadly for Texas, I don't know that those two QB's on their roster have the upside that Braxton Miller has.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 21, 2011, 02:07:20 PM
Sadly for Texas, I don't know that those two QB's on their roster have the upside that Braxton Miller has.

They don't. 

Texas is going to have to pin their QB hopes on new recruits that come in next year, either Brewer or some other dude I don't know about.  There are some people on ShaggyBevo talking about bringing in a Juco type so that Brewer can redshirt and all that.  Never really thought about that, but it would be an interesting way of doing things.

grumbler

Oh, and BTW, Bri'onte Dunn, OSU's top recruit and their only 5-star, seems about to switch his commit to Michigan.  He was in Ann Arbor for the game last weekend and is returning next weekend with his family - but won't be on the OSU sidelines.  His cousin, a 2013 Michigan commit, thinks Dunn will announce his new 2012 commit on Saturday, and will enroll in Ann Arbor in January.

That would be a huge, huge hit for OSU and a major gain for Michigan.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Oh the agony.

Fickell sucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 21, 2011, 02:07:20 PM

Oh no they are the worst QBs I have ever seen Texas start.  And when I was a kid they generally went 5-6 or 4-7 every year.

At least it is sort of entertaining watch just how horribly they miss wide open dudes every game.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2011, 03:14:10 PM
Oh no they are the worst QBs I have ever seen Texas start.  And when I was a kid they generally went 5-6 or 4-7 every year.

The earliest Horns QB I remember is Gardere in like 88 or something.  IIRC James Brown was next, then Applewhite/Simms, Mock/Young, (Snead?/)Colt, Gilbert/Ash/Case.  I don't remember specifics about Gardere and Brown, but I'm pretty sure I'd take either one of them over the current dudes, and there's absolutely no question about Applewhite - Colt being preferable.   

Shit I'd be okay with Matt Nordgren starting over these scrubs.  He can fumble it to himself all he wants.

Valmy

Since I was old enough to really pay attention it has been:

Todd Dodge-Bret Stafford-Peter Gardere-Shea Morenz-James Brown-Major Applewhite-Chris Simms-Chance Mock-Vince Young-Colt McCoy-Garrett Gilbert-Case McCoy-David Ash

I would take scrubs like Dodge and Stafford over Case and David Ash.  Blech.

MadBurgerMaker

Oh I forgot about Morenz.  He sucked, didn't he?

Anyway, you want to get mad again, Valmy?  KEYE has a nice shot of that "kick catch interference" call.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=563467120597

:bleeding:

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 21, 2011, 04:12:13 PM
Anyway, you want to get mad again, Valmy?  KEYE has a nice shot of that "kick catch interference" call.

That was a brutal blow.  Along with Ash's second (and mindblowingly horrible) int.  Texas sucks too bad on offense for that crap.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2011, 04:24:43 PM
That was a brutal blow.  Along with Ash's second (and mindblowingly horrible) int.  Texas sucks too bad on offense for that crap.

:yes:  They need all the help they can get.  A 6-3 lead at halftime (I have no confidence they would have gotten a TD, even where that was recovered) is WAY better than a 10-3 deficit.  When it went from "Horns ball in FG range" to "KSU ball +15 yards," I figured they were probably going to give up a TD and would probably lose because of it.  Weeellllppppp  The D almost proved me wrong, but they couldn't quite hold on.

That second INT Ash threw....it looked like the K-State DB was the actual target and he threw it a bit high to him.  He was the only guy within ~10 yards, and there wasn't anyone behind him at all.  There was a Texas WR off to the right along the sideline, and another one way in front of the KSU guy, but that was all I could see in the replay.

Valmy

The pass was meant for DJ Grant but it was juuuuust a bit high.  The funniest part was the authority with which he threw it.  "Watch this bullet bitch!  Oh crap."