Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Bad Santa.  Fucked up, but still funny. 

PDH!

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Looks cool, and I can actually hear what they are saying now.  Sounds like they fixed the problem with all the whispering in the first movie.

Josephus

So I just came back from seeing Napoleon. I'm glad I went. Yeah, it's not a perfect movie, and I can do without Josephine all together, but otherwise it's OK. A good 3 out of 5. The battle scenes are good, especially Austerlitz and Waterloo where [sp] Napoleon loses [/sp] . The movie felt rushed, they tried to get a lot in, and in so doing, didn't really explain too much. I can see a casual viewer being lost from the get go.
But it was fine.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on December 12, 2023, 08:44:19 PMSo I just came back from seeing Napoleon. I'm glad I went. Yeah, it's not a perfect movie, and I can do without Josephine all together, but otherwise it's OK. A good 3 out of 5. The battle scenes are good, especially Austerlitz and Waterloo where [sp] Napoleon loses [/sp] . The movie felt rushed, they tried to get a lot in, and in so doing, didn't really explain too much. I can see a casual viewer being lost from the get go.
But it was fine.

I found the idea of Napoleon riding into battle swinging his sword kind of hilarious.

But yeah a decent movie. I hoped it would be great and get people excited and interested in Napoleon, but I don't think that movie is going to do that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

The scenario looks a bit ridiculous (Texas and California alliance? :D). But it's Alex Garland, I've got season tickets for anything he does and I'm sure everything will make sense somehow (or that it won't matter that it doesn't).

Josquius

I guess Texas-California helps show "The government turned baaaad" to both sides rather than just being a offend half the country piece?
At least that's what I'm guessing is the plot?
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Is it about: state rights?

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on December 14, 2023, 03:57:22 AMThe scenario looks a bit ridiculous (Texas and California alliance? :D). But it's Alex Garland, I've got season tickets for anything he does and I'm sure everything will make sense somehow (or that it won't matter that it doesn't).
That was my first reaction too.

Then I figured, if they made it a South-Carolina-Texas alliance, it might hit too close to home for comfort and some people would scream bloody murder about giving wrong ideas to the wrong people.

I can't say I was impressed by Ex Machina, way too predictable, and I didn't like Annihilation.
Dredd was awesome though.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

I think it's more of a marketing alliance. If you have Californian and Texan stereotypes in the film, you have a decent chance of appealing to most demographics in the US domestic market.

Syt

Cheers, Season 3, the first 3 episodes. AKA the ones where Frasier joins the cast.

He's so young. :weep: I mentioned before that I didn't watch Cheers much previously, and I know that his character on that show and on Frasier has some differences (with retcons/discrepancies that they handwaved away in Frasier). But I love that his eloquence is firmly established right from the start. :lol:

Also, Christopher Lloyd is on the double episode that ends Season 2.

So, this is him in 1984:

And a year later in 1985:

I never realized he was made to look older(?) in Back to the Future? :unsure:  :hmm:  :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Quote from: HVC on December 15, 2023, 06:25:37 AMGood old man neck makeup

He went through a transition between the two shots:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.